ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 EU FAM and separation/ divorce

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Filipi
Newly Registered

Stamp 4 EU FAM and separation/ divorce

Post by Filipi » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi,

I got married in 2014 with EU citizen, but unfortunately the things are nor going well, and we are thinking of divorce.

If we agree a divorce would I loose my Stamp4?, or there is a way to remain in the county?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Stamp 4 EU FAM and separation/ divorce

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:12 pm

I have split your post to its own topic. Kindly refrain from digging up 6 year old threads.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TKK
Newly Registered

Post by TKK » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:41 pm

Filipi wrote:Hi,

I got married in 2014 with EU citizen, but unfortunately the things are nor going well, and we are thinking of divorce.

If we agree a divorce would I loose my Stamp4?, or there is a way to remain in the county?

Thank you

HI Filipi,

If you divorce before acquiring permanent residence in your host country (which usually requires you to live there for 5 years) - your non-EU spouse, children and grandchildren may stay if:

-they have been living there for at least 1 year, and
-your marriage lasted for at least 3 years before divorce proceedings started
To be able to stay, your non-EU family members must also meet the same conditions for residence as EU nationals.

option b
do you have children? if so then You retain the right to reside in the EU country, the country of residence of the child, provided that you have custody of the child by agreement with your spouse or by court order. The same would apply if your spouse is granted custody, but you have the right of access to your child and the court ruled that access to the child must be in the EU country.

Not sure if there are other ways. Hope this helps.

Look at the link below.
http://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/re ... dex_en.htm

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:13 pm

You will lose your rights of residence unless you have been married for 3 years prior to initiation of divorce proceedings.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors