ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting a New Indian Birth Certificate from London

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ducky11

Getting a New Indian Birth Certificate from London

Post by Ducky11 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:32 pm

Hi All,

I recently got my British Passport & have surrendered my Indian one & am waiting to receive my OCI. However, my wife (French national) needs to register our marriage in France. One of the things that they require from me is "a copy of a recent birth certificate certified by the Foreign office."

I have no clue as to what they mean by "certified by the foreign office," but thought I would cross that bridge after I get the recent birth certificate. Does anyone here know how I can apply for a new Indian birth certificate even though I live in London?

Thanks in advance :D

Ducky

pentaya
India

Re: Getting a New Indian Birth Certificate from London

Post by pentaya » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:18 pm

Ducky11 wrote:Hi All,

I recently got my British Passport & have surrendered my Indian one & am waiting to receive my OCI. However, my wife (French national) needs to register our marriage in France. One of the things that they require from me is "a copy of a recent birth certificate certified by the Foreign office."

I have no clue as to what they mean by "certified by the foreign office," but thought I would cross that bridge after I get the recent birth certificate. Does anyone here know how I can apply for a new Indian birth certificate even though I live in London?

Thanks in advance :D

Ducky
You should either submit your Birth certificate (If not in English, You should use a official affidavit which supports that the document is genuine) or submit your surrender certificate (Which have your DOB) and let the French authorities know this is how the documents are look like. If required, Let them enquire.