ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job creation during process extension

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hiuk7777
Newly Registered

Job creation during process extension

Post by Hiuk7777 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:44 am

Dear all,

I am a silence user of this forum. I checked this forum all the time and found a lot experience here. However I will be in a different situation which I never saw anyone post here before, so I decide write my situation and find help from your guys here.

My situation is :

My extensions is still in home office to process and it's over two months already. Obviously I don't know when I can get.

I have created two jobs for extension but one of them want to left during this time and I want recruit a new one to cover his position.

I am not sure can I use this new staff to award points for my settlement visa. I checked the guidance, it says I need maintenance my initial post for another 1 year or recruit two new for one year.

Is this new means start from when I get my extension?

Thanks

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: Job creation during process extension

Post by aby00156 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:31 am

Yes you can use this staff but from my understanding you have to show that you created / maintained two jobs for 12 months period since the date you have been granted extension.

Job created / maintained during the extension application process have no bearing.

So hopefully when you get a positive result i.e. when you are granted extension, you have to create / maintain 2 jobs for 12 months from that date.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

Hiuk7777
Newly Registered

Post by Hiuk7777 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:43 am

aby00156 wrote:Yes you can use this staff but from my understanding you have to show that you created / maintained two jobs for 12 months period since the date you have been granted extension.

Job created / maintained during the extension application process have no bearing.

So hopefully when you get a positive result i.e. when you are granted extension, you have to create / maintain 2 jobs for 12 months from that date.
Thanks for your reply.

My concern is I didn't use this new staff to award points for my extension. Is the guidance (maintenance one year )means maintenance the staff who you used to award point or any settlement staff from the initial?

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:55 am

It doesn't matter. Staff can change any time. Staff have no bearing in extension or settlement.

You are fine if the leave just replace them with someone else and maintain the job for 12 months from the time you got extension simple.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

Hiuk7777
Newly Registered

Post by Hiuk7777 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:08 pm

aby00156 wrote:It doesn't matter. Staff can change any time. Staff have no bearing in extension or settlement.

You are fine if the leave just replace them with someone else and maintain the job for 12 months from the time you got extension simple.
CanI recruit a new job title now and maintain 12 months once I get extension.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:54 pm

You must create 3120 hours of employment AFTER your extension was granted to be eligible for ILR.
You can hire your replacement now, but this position must last at least 12 months after your extension is approved. This is because only the employment hours on extension visa will be counted towards 3120 hours required.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Hiuk7777
Newly Registered

Post by Hiuk7777 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:58 pm

zimba88 wrote:You must create 3120 hours of employment AFTER your extension was granted to be eligible for ILR.
You can hire your replacement now, but this position must last at least 12 months after your extension is approved. This is because only the employment hours on extension visa will be counted towards 3120 hours required.
Thanks for your reply!

So you mean I can recruit him now and maintain him at least one year after I get extension visa. He still belong the initial staff and I don't need prove I have created new post after I get visa if the current staff who I use to award point for extension left……

Aslo,do I need maintain him for another one year or i only need keep this position for one year?if he work only 3 months and left, will his working hours useless and I have to find a person who can work one year for me?3120 hours for two people only or two positions with different people?

Thanks again!

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:02 pm

So you mean I can recruit him now and maintain him at least one year after I get extension visa. He still belong the initial staff and I don't need prove I have created new post after I get visa if the current staff who I use to award point for extension left……
correct
Aslo,do I need maintain him for another one year or i only need keep this position for one year?if he work only 3 months and left, will his working hours useless and I have to find a person who can work one year for me?3120 hours for two people only or two positions with different people?
A position is NOT an employee. An employee fills a position. A position needs to exist for 12 months (not even continuously) and can be filled by multiple employees. Read the GUIDE page 53
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Hiuk7777
Newly Registered

Post by Hiuk7777 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:21 pm

zimba88 wrote:
correct
A position is NOT an employee. An employee fills a position. A position needs to exist for 12 months (not even continuously) and can be filled by multiple employees. Read the GUIDE page 53
Thanks so much.