ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr waiting from April 2016

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shanu111

Ilr waiting from April 2016

Post by Shanu111 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:23 pm

Hi
I'm still waiting to get the decision from home office.work place also asking about the visa.from next week they gonna suspend my work.they said can't give work without visa.have apply more more jobs nothing get without visa.just I have 2 children
Need to pay bills morgage etc.don't know what to do with out job

uffaisal

Re: Ilr waiting from April 2016

Post by uffaisal » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:59 pm

hi Shanu:
by law you are allowed to work at the same status unless your visa application is decided

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:03 pm

Explain politely to your employer that if they want to avoid an unfair dismissal claim they should use the Employer Checking Service. :idea:

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

devi2211

Post by devi2211 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:15 pm

Hi Shanu111,

I have also applier ILR SET(O) route in April, still waiting.
My employers recently checked with UKVI(like Casa mentioned ECS) about my right to work status and they received positive response saying that I am eligible to work and no issues with my employer.

Thanks.