ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Romanian Long Stay Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MoAlvi
Newly Registered

Romanian Long Stay Visa

Post by MoAlvi » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:37 am

I hope if some one can help me to get information. I'm From Pakistan living in Qatar for last 15 years. Married to Romanian citizen for one year. Our marriage is registered in Romania. We have a baby boy who was born in Bucharest and also registere there.I have been to romania on short stay visa but can some one help me how can I apply for long stay visa for romania. As per MOF romania it takes a lot of time. But I'm looking for answer from some one who have been through same process to get EU family card. Thanks

noajthan

Re: Romanian Long Stay Visa

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:45 am

A EU citizen in home country cannot sponsor a dependent under EU migration route.
You will need a domestic visa.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

BClassBritish

Post by BClassBritish » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:29 pm

MoAlvi,

Ask your Romanian wife to find a job in an EU country apart from Romania. Once she is settled then you can join her as a family member long term in that country. Search for EEA family permit.

All the best :)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:46 pm

BClassBritish wrote:MoAlvi,

Ask your Romanian wife to find a job in an EU country apart from Romania. Once she is settled then you can join her as a family member long term in that country. Search for EEA family permit.

All the best :)
A family permit is a UK-issued UK document granting entry to UK so won't help anyone in rest of EU.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

emmasu
Newly Registered

Post by emmasu » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:48 pm

I can help you with the process as i went through it myself. But i dont know actually how it works for someone who is residing outside of Romania.

MoAlvi
Newly Registered

Post by MoAlvi » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:37 pm

emmasu wrote:I can help you with the process as i went through it myself. But i dont know actually how it works for someone who is residing outside of Romania.
Thank you so much. I was in Romania on C type Multiple visa and now I'm back in Qatar for my job. My wife also use to Work in Qatar but she recentlymoved back bcoz of birth of our baby. To be honest getting long stay visa is just to make our life easier when ever traveling back to romania and not for reason as I have good job in Qatar. I read in some previous post that with my multiple C type visa I can apply for long stay visa or residency card while in romania and just need papers which include our marriage certificate which is registered in Romania, her ID , my passport with visa and also lease contract of property. But some post tells different stories. I hope you can clarify some of information for me. Thanks

emmasu
Newly Registered

Post by emmasu » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:42 pm

MoAlvi wrote:
emmasu wrote:I can help you with the process as i went through it myself. But i dont know actually how it works for someone who is residing outside of Romania.
Thank you so much. I was in Romania on C type Multiple visa and now I'm back in Qatar for my job. My wife also use to Work in Qatar but she recentlymoved back bcoz of birth of our baby. To be honest getting long stay visa is just to make our life easier when ever traveling back to romania and not for reason as I have good job in Qatar. I read in some previous post that with my multiple C type visa I can apply for long stay visa or residency card while in romania and just need papers which include our marriage certificate which is registered in Romania, her ID , my passport with visa and also lease contract of property. But some post tells different stories. I hope you can clarify some of information for me. Thanks
As far as i know, you definitely can apply for the residence card, which is the only thing i can tell you about since i dont know about the other types of visa you can get.
The papers you need are:
1.Marriage certificate ( legalised translation if not in Romanian)
2.Copies of your passport and your wife's ID or passport ( they might ask for legalised copies, but i dont think so)
3.Romanian health insurance ( it has to be the state one and not a private one, its around 600 ron a year and thats around 133 euro)
4.A lease of an apartment or actually you can do something called contract de comodoat, in which you can ask your parents in law to do, if they own a house. You just go with them to a Notar and you and them will write a contract stating that you will be living in their house, this contract can be made for upto 5years.
5.A written request that you would like to apply for one.

After you apply, you will be invited for an interview, since you dont know Romanian, you will have to bring a translator with you. You should also bring photos of you together to prove thats yor marriage is genuine. YOu will get the card after a month, or that was in my case.

The problem here with this card is, if you are outside of the country for more than 6months, the card is no longer valid. You will have to apply again for a new card. Thats why i said in previous post, that it would be different if you live outside of Romania. With this card, you always have to be here. YOu can do that only with the permanent one and even with that you have to maintain residence for at least for 2 years out of 5 years.