ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

freedom10
Newly Registered

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by freedom10 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:49 pm

Hi good people
Im delighted to tell you that God has answered my prayers. i have received my ILR this Morning and im over the moon. i pray that everyone in ths forum get granted soon. here is my timeline
Application sent 19/july/2016
Application sent back because i did not sign the last page on the 7/8/16
I sent back the pack on the 9/8/16
biometric received 19/8/16 done the same day
ILR approval received today 8/12/16
biometric: not yet
Im very happy. Thank God

mcr1234
Newly Registered

Post by mcr1234 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Hi all...i made my application in july ...my five years as a refugee ended on the 26/july/16..i since never received a single contact from home office,,,no email,,no nothing till today the 08/12/16.
I received a letter requesting me to send them a copy of my original immigration document...unfortunately only had a copy as i lost original in a house theft while i was at work two yrs ago. They also asked me to send them a passport photo with my dob and names on it.

Am worried as i don't have my original immigration document the letter states it might delay process more despite the fact that i have attached other original docs like my travel doc..my letters granting me asyllum ,,payslips,,,proof of adds etc..

PLEASE SOMEONE ADVISE ME IF THIS HAS EVER HAPPEND TO YOU...
ALSO IF YOUR ASKED FOR YOUR PASSPORT PHOTO IS IT LIKE A GOOD SIGN..
ALSO HAS ANY JULY APPLICANT RECEIVED GOOD NEWS
ALSO DO YOU GET A NEW PASSPORT IF YOU APPLY FOR INDEFINATE IF U HAD TRAVEL DOC BEFORE ??

SO WORRIED....HELP WITH ADVISE PS

mcr1234
Newly Registered

Post by mcr1234 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:16 pm

freedom10 wrote:Hi good people
Im delighted to tell you that God has answered my prayers. i have received my ILR this Morning and im over the moon. i pray that everyone in ths forum get granted soon. here is my timeline
Im very happy. Thank God

HI FREEDOM ..CONGRATULATIONS DEAR ,,VERY HAPPY FOR YOU ...PLEASE PRAY FOR ME TOO...THEY GOT BACK TO ME TODAY 8/12/16 AFTER MONTHS OF STRESS REQUESTING FOR MY ORIGINAL IMMIGRATION RESIDENCE PERMIT DOCUMENT BUT IT GOT LOST IN A HOUSE THEFT ...HOWEVER I HAVE SENT THEM A COPY BUT LETTER SAYS COPIES NOT ACCEPTED ..I JUST PUT IT WITH A NOTE EXPLAINING I HAD A THEFT WHERE MY BAGS AND HOUSED STUFF WERE TAKEN ONLY REALISED I LOST MY DOC TOO.THEY ALSO ASKED ME FOR MY PASSPORT PHOTO..WERE U ASKED FOR ONE ??DO YOU THINK ITS A GOOD SIGN,,,VERY WORRIED

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:52 pm

Hi mcr1234
so sorry to hear this. i idvise you to go to a refugee council where you live ,so they can explain things in a legal way to the home office. did you repot the theft to the police? do you have a crime number? you can send all those documents to the home office. i wish you good luck and i will pray for you.

K-King-D
Newly Registered

Post by K-King-D » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:21 pm

Im very happy. Thank God
Hi Freedom10,

that's absolutely a good news and I am very happy for you, BIG congrats and all the best. I just want to ask you if you have received that regular email last month ( November).

Thanks a lot.

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:49 pm

Hi k-king-D
Thank you very much. you will get your good news soon. yes i have been receiving monthly update, my last one was late november. good luck

mcr1234
Newly Registered

Post by mcr1234 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:29 am

congs Freedom

freedom10
Newly Registered

Post by freedom10 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:47 am

Hi mcr1234
Thank you very much. i pray for everyone to get granted soon.

coffee123
Newly Registered

Post by coffee123 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:13 pm

freedom10 wrote:Hi mcr1234
Hi Freedom!
Congrats, if u dont mind , which country are u from? bcoz most of srilankan's ILR visas still pending..

vg1aes
Newly Registered

Post by vg1aes » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:49 pm

Hello to Everyone,
I am new to this forum and thought of sharing my life in UK and the time line of the application, to get some relief from this agonising wait to get ILR.
I am a Srilankan refugee granted five years leave to remain in Jan/2011 and ended in feb/2016, Since granting leave to remain i have worked hard to get a bachelor’s degree whilst working part time during my entire study, i got a fantastic opportunity to do a master’s degree from one of the Russell group of universities with a full scholarship which I took and graduated with a MSc this September, since graduating I have been actively looking for a graduate scheme job whilst working in a restaurant, During my entire stay in UK I have lived clean without getting into trouble by any of the UK government Departments yet my time line is:-
Date of Application Sent: - 13/01/2016
BRP enrolment done: - 14/02/2016
I received a letter from the HO dated 04/05/2016 stating that they cannot conclude my case with in the standard of six months because they were waiting for some information about my application from a another government department and they would hope to conclude my case by 13/10/2016, on 16/10/2016 I received the same letter saying that they would hope to conclude my case by 10/02/2017.
I hoping that someone who was or currently in my situation would direct me towards taking the next step or to continue to wait.
Many Thanks
Vg1aes

mcr1234
Newly Registered

Post by mcr1234 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:53 am

Hi good people
Im delighted to tell you that God has answered my prayers tt. i have received my ILR this Morning 24/12/12 and iam over the moon. i pray that everyone on this forum gets granted soon too.

mcr1234
Newly Registered

Post by mcr1234 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:55 am

mcr1234 wrote:congs Freedom
Hi good people

lam very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy happy..my indefinite leave granted ..my brp on the way..goodluck to you all..with GOD ALL IS POSSIBLE

Mayu2016
Newly Registered

Post by Mayu2016 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:32 pm

coffee123 wrote:
freedom10 wrote:Hi mcr1234
Hi Freedom!
Congrats, if u dont mind , which country are u from? bcoz most of srilankan's ILR visas still pending..

Yes, You are right. Some of my friends got decision after a year of their application, which says that they have to go back as all the issues in Srilanka is over (I do not agree with this perception) or they have to re appeal within 15 days, however, some of my Srilankan friends rcvd a positive result with in 4 months of time.

As far as I understand, I think HO looking at the applicants 5 year history in the UK. If an applicant has no negatives then they will definitely get it.

I was working from the beginning and I am going to graduate soon as well. I hope everything will be fine for me.Lets hope for the best.

Mayu2016
Newly Registered

Post by Mayu2016 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:41 pm

Im very happy. Thank God
Congratulations Freedom10 :D
Happy for you :D

coffee123
Newly Registered

Post by coffee123 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:07 am

mcr1234 wrote:
mcr1234 wrote:congs Freedom
Hi good people

lam very very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy happy..my indefinite leave granted ..my brp on the way..goodluck to you all..with GOD ALL IS POSSIBLE
Thanks mayu

Ponnan
Newly Registered

Post by Ponnan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:31 pm

vg1aes wrote:Hello to Everyone,
I am new to this forum and thought of sharing my life in UK and the time line of the application, to get some relief from this agonising wait to get ILR.
I am a Srilankan refugee granted five years leave to remain in Jan/2011 and ended in feb/2016, Since granting leave to remain i have worked hard to get a bachelor’s degree whilst working part time during my entire study, i got a fantastic opportunity to do a master’s degree from one of the Russell group of universities with a full scholarship which I took and graduated with a MSc this September, since graduating I have been actively looking for a graduate scheme job whilst working in a restaurant, During my entire stay in UK I have lived clean without getting into trouble by any of the UK government Departments yet my time line is:-
I received a letter from the HO dated 04/05/2016 stating that they cannot conclude my case with in the standard of six months because they were waiting for some information about my application from a another government department and they would hope to conclude my case by 13/10/2016, on 16/10/2016 I received the same letter saying that they would hope to conclude my case by 10/02/2017.
I hoping that someone who was or currently in my situation would direct me towards taking the next step or to continue to wait.
Many Thanks
Vg1aes
Hi Vg1aes!

First of all, congrats on completing both Bachelor's and Master's degree as many Sri Lankans i know have given up half-way through the course due to financial burden, and other issues.

I am a Sri Lankan refugee too, and I got refugee status in June 2011 and I applied for ILR in May 2016 and got ILR in October 2016.

Based on your time line, your application has seems to have passed the following stages

1. You have met the eligibility criteria - 5 Years since granted and no revocation of status in between, and have not travelled back to home country
2. You have submitted your application On/in time
3. You have submitted all the necessary documents
4. Details filled in the Set P form are valid

So it means your application has gone through all the initial stages of the processing workflow successfully and the following are two most likely scenarios why they are delaying the decision

1. The case worker who handles your case at Liverpool office has made a decision but not sure about it so waiting for Senior or other higher officers to check and approve it
2. The case worker is not able to make a decision so passed it on to Status Review Unit - which does a deep review of the case - This takes longer due to nature of the in-depth review and number applications in the queue for deep review.

If your application falls within the first scenario, you might get a response sooner than if its yours in second scenario.

If the application goes to deep review, they will mainly check the following

1. If your fear of going back to Sri Lanka is still well founded
2. They would also check if the reasons for you become refugee cease to exist
3. And they will also check the country information guide to check if there are significant changes to the situation in Sri lanka

Personally, i think your case is with Status Review team for Deep review. I do know few of my friends have not received response even after 1.5 years. Since the UKVI now considers Sri lanka situation have improved a lot, they started reviewing more and more cases. If your asylum case is strong, even if it goes through DR, you would get positive outcome as you do not have any other negative or criminal records.

Not sure what documents you have submitted with your ILR application, if I were you, i would have sent my degree certificates, and any tax contribution documents as well to increase the weight on good character part and also how useful you would be to this country and economy as a skilled worker.

Now, about next steps your could take i would suggest the following

[ ] You could first write to your local MP - (You could do that here online first : https://www.writetothem.com/) and get an appointment, meet them in person, explain your situation saying that you cant go back, also mention you have been a good character in the UK, you could also show your BSc and MSc certifications and other achievements. The MPs will always be in helpful attitude as they normally would not like to upset their constituents. What the MP will do is to write a recommendation or enquary lettter to Home Office - This will force the HO to give you a decision faster. And this process will never have any negative impact on the outcome of your case - So I would say you could try this straight away so that they wont delay again in Feb.

Now, with all the hope and luck, your outcome would be positive.

Even if you get a negative outcome, you should be able to get through appeals.

I would also suggest that better to get the ILR sorted first to get into any graduate job as even if you successfully complete telephone interview and full interview and get an offer, they will be unwilling to proceed after seeing the Visa letter as it does not clearly say how long you are allowed to stay here. You could prepare or lean more in the mean time so that when you get the visa, you will get the job easily.

Note : I do not visit this forum much anymore as I got my ILR but I will try and check on Sunday if you need any more info.

Not sure if you have seen these videos :
Weblink 1 removed by moderator
Weblink 2 removed by moderator - This happens only on very rare cases but just giving the link here so that you are aware of them.

Best of luck

vg1aes
Newly Registered

Post by vg1aes » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:12 pm

Ponnan wrote:
vg1aes wrote:Hello to Everyone,
Many Thanks
Vg1aes
Hi Vg1aes!

First of all, congrats on completing both Bachelor's and Master's degree as many Sri Lankans i know have given up half-way through the course due to financial burden, and other issues.

I am a Sri Lankan refugee too, and I got refugee status in June 2011 and I applied for ILR in May 2016 and got ILR in October 2016.

Based on your time line, your application has seems to have passed the following stages

1. You have met the eligibility criteria - 5 Years since granted and no revocation of status in between, and have not travelled back to home country
2. You have submitted your application On/in time
3. You have submitted all the necessary documents
4. Details filled in the Set P form are valid

So it means your application has gone through all the initial stages of the processing workflow successfully and the following are two most likely scenarios why they are delaying the decision

1. The case worker who handles your case at Liverpool office has made a decision but not sure about it so waiting for Senior or other higher officers to check and approve it
2. The case worker is not able to make a decision so passed it on to Status Review Unit - which does a deep review of the case - This takes longer due to nature of the in-depth review and number applications in the queue for deep review.

If your application falls within the first scenario, you might get a response sooner than if its yours in second scenario.

If the application goes to deep review, they will mainly check the following

1. If your fear of going back to Sri Lanka is still well founded
2. They would also check if the reasons for you become refugee cease to exist
3. And they will also check the country information guide to check if there are significant changes to the situation in Sri lanka

Personally, i think your case is with Status Review team for Deep review. I do know few of my friends have not received response even after 1.5 years. Since the UKVI now considers Sri lanka situation have improved a lot, they started reviewing more and more cases. If your asylum case is strong, even if it goes through DR, you would get positive outcome as you do not have any other negative or criminal records.

Not sure what documents you have submitted with your ILR application, if I were you, i would have sent my degree certificates, and any tax contribution documents as well to increase the weight on good character part and also how useful you would be to this country and economy as a skilled worker.

Now, about next steps your could take i would suggest the following

[ ] You could first write to your local MP - (You could do that here online first : https://www.writetothem.com/) and get an appointment, meet them in person, explain your situation saying that you cant go back, also mention you have been a good character in the UK, you could also show your BSc and MSc certifications and other achievements. The MPs will always be in helpful attitude as they normally would not like to upset their constituents. What the MP will do is to write a recommendation or enquary lettter to Home Office - This will force the HO to give you a decision faster. And this process will never have any negative impact on the outcome of your case - So I would say you could try this straight away so that they wont delay again in Feb.

Now, with all the hope and luck, your outcome would be positive.

Even if you get a negative outcome, you should be able to get through appeals.

I would also suggest that better to get the ILR sorted first to get into any graduate job as even if you successfully complete telephone interview and full interview and get an offer, they will be unwilling to proceed after seeing the Visa letter as it does not clearly say how long you are allowed to stay here. You could prepare or lean more in the mean time so that when you get the visa, you will get the job easily.

Note : I do not visit this forum much anymore as I got my ILR but I will try and check on Sunday if you need any more info.

Not sure if you have seen these videos :
Weblinks removed by moderator - This happens only on very rare cases but just giving the link here so that you are aware of them.

Best of luck
Hi Ponnan,
Many thanks for giving me the valuable advice, as you said ponnan I have failed to mention my progress in U.K after granting refugee status on the application form and I presumed that the Home office would base their decision on my asylum case, at this stage of application would you recommend me to send a letter explaining this to home office or use a legal advisor to send it.
Thanks again

Ponnan
Newly Registered

Post by Ponnan » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:58 pm

Hi vg1aes

Please see the following from the Set P form guidance notes.

10. Contacting us after you have applied
If you have to send us a document which you cannot provide when making your application,
or if you need to tell us anything else
, including a change of address or circumstances, before
you hear from us, please use the following address: Home Office, SET (Protection Route)
applications, Dept 21, The Capital Building, Liverpool, L3 9PP. Please make sure that you give
the following details in your letter:
• the applicant’s full name (as it appears on the application form)
• date of birth
• nationality
• the recorded signed for or special delivery number (if you used such postage)
• the date on which the application was posted, and
• your Home Office reference if you have one.

i think you can send a letter explaining your progress and also you could explain a bit as to why you cant still go back (on Set P form its it would go on Page 21 but you do not have to fill that page again, you could just write one letter and send certs and any photos like graduation with it to support your letter).

Since you were granted, situation has changed in Sri Lanka so your explanation should provide valid reasons as to why your claim is still stays the same. You do not have to repeat all the reasons mentioned in your claims as they already know those but you could to provide a current situation view regarding your case and explain how it still stays the same for you.

I have done my application on my own but since you are trying to send these a bit late, i would say better to prepare the letter and have a session with a legal adviser to, first check if its ok to send the letter and second if so, you could get the letter corrected.

You are right in saying its your asylum case that matters the most. However, settlement application would definitely have considerations about if the applicant is of good character. In your case, you have achieved a lot of academic success so pointing that out would always be positive.

I think in the letter it is better to provide reasons as to why you have not mentioned these when you applied for ILR. I think you could say you missed them and only realised now or some other valid reason. Again legal adviser might help on this i think.

Please note that I am not a solicitor or legal adviser. I have done my application on my own and I had gone through all the relevant documentations on UKVI site and also had some chat with my friends to prepare mine. So my advice is purely based on my personal view and understandings. So you could take these as ideas and you could validate or check with a legal advisers or others.

Good luck.

coffee123
Newly Registered

Post by coffee123 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:32 am

Anyone got any results? please update

Mayu2016
Newly Registered

Post by Mayu2016 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:54 pm

I received 3 emails so far. I applied on September 27th. I am waiting with a hope

coffee123
Newly Registered

Post by coffee123 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:39 pm

Same here I applied August. Still waiting ................

Mayu2016
Newly Registered

Post by Mayu2016 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:23 pm

I have received another email 2 days ago saying my application is still under consideration.

Applied on 27th September 2016 as my visa expired on 27th of October 2016. I've been receiving email on first week of every month since November. so far I received 4 emails from them and still waiting for a good news.

Any good news from anyone?

coffee123
Newly Registered

Post by coffee123 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:16 pm

So far I received 5 emails. still I am waiting with hope ..........

coffee123
Newly Registered

Post by coffee123 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:48 pm

I got good news today. Thank god... I received my Ilr today. I will pray for everyone..........hope everyone will get. thanks for your support..

MuriNath
Newly Registered

Post by MuriNath » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:53 pm

I have applied last year and I am waiting almost an year now and got no update yet.