ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Priority postal Tier 2 got delayed

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Eagle123

Priority postal Tier 2 got delayed

Post by Eagle123 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:24 am

Dear All,
I was wondering if you can give me any advice. I applied for the Tier 2 extension (the same company, the same SOC) on 27.10 with the lawyer. The application was submitted 4 weeks ago and supposed to be considered in 10 working days. Home Office didn’t get in touch neither with me or my lawyer regarding the delay. On 16.11 we sent them an e-mail and get the reply below
Your case is currently with the caseworking team, once a decision has been made on your application you will be notified via email. We apologises for the delay and aim to process your application as soon as possible.
Since then we didn’t hear anything back. On Tuesday morning the lawyer sent another e-mail highlighting that we applied for priority service as I need to travel for work next week and we need a timeline when my application will be considered. Now they simply do not get back to us. I tried to call, but all they say it is processing. What should I do in this situation? Any idea why it can be delayed?

Last time when I applied for Tier 2 using priority service it was also delayed and I got it in 6 weeks. I have no idea why it is happening.

Type of application: Tier 2 General Extension - Same Employer via Postal Priority Service
2. If switching, category changing:
3. Date of expiry of current leave: 01-12-2016
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 0
5. Date application posted: 27-10-2016
6. Date application received at UKBA: n/a
7. Date payment debited: n/a
8. Payment mode : Online, lawyer paid with his card
9. Acknowledgement letter received: n/a
10. Biometric letter received: 02-11-2016
11. Date of biometrics enrolment: 03-11-2016
12. Date of approval: waiting
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: waiting

Thank you

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Priority postal Tier 2 got delayed

Post by iworker » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:50 pm

when u say priority postal application, do u fully understand what it means? Reason i am confused is, u said this is application with same employer and then u say my last priority application was delayed too.. when these priority applications are a recent thing ..
did u get an email back from UKVI BEFORE applying saying that your priority application has been accepted and now send the docs?

Eagle123

Post by Eagle123 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:03 pm

Hi, yes I fully understand what it means. I applied for my first Tier 2 visa in the end of 2013, where Priority postal has been introduced and back then it is been delayed as well. I got my visa after 6 weeks.Yes, my lawyer got a response from UKBI that my priority application was accepted.

Thank you

Eagle123

Post by Eagle123 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:44 pm

Hello All,

Can someone help me to understand why is it such delay? Does anyone know the reason for a delay. No criminal records or anything like that. No one has been in touch with my employer either. Many thanks in advance?

d7689
Newly Registered

Post by d7689 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:49 pm

Hi have you got any feedback on this now? Hope you have had got it back now.

My lawyer is also submitting my application via priority postal and he said he has never experienced any delay in this before and found it reliable. Your case obviously is kind of exception and worries me now.

Anyone had similar issues before? Thanks

Eagle123

Post by Eagle123 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:11 pm

Hi, I got my visa on 6.012 and received BRP yesterday. I had to wait for over a month. No idea why such a delay happened. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

nasmc92
Mood:

Post by nasmc92 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:51 pm

10 weeks for me but no reply or any letter from HO except Biometrics' letter

application sent using standard postal service