ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2016 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zainzero
Newly Registered

Re: 2016 Citizenship Approvals

Post by zainzero » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:00 pm

J_Karim wrote:zainzero

did u mention ur court matter in the form??
No!

mick2109
Newly Registered

Post by mick2109 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:48 pm

zainzero wrote:
J_Karim wrote:zainzero

did u mention ur court matter in the form??
No!
u should mention that but smetime they dont bother i hope u will be fine

my time line sept 2015
2nd letter jan 2016 after that i diint hear anything i sent email today they reply back your applicatiob being prepared for submission to minister but its not yet submitted.you will be informed decision as expeditiously as possible .
all guys here plz give me advice wat does it mean and how long i have to wait more ????

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:11 pm

if i were you id wait for the next approval..
do u have update visa?
whats the basis of ur app?
are u working?
any court or offence??
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

mick2109
Newly Registered

Post by mick2109 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:28 pm

J_Karim wrote:if i were you id wait for the next approval..
do u have update visa?
are u working?
any court or offence??
my applicatin based on irish spouce i live in northern ireland
yes i have offenses but dont need to court or anything .just i was suspected offender .but i m clear everything

mick2109
Newly Registered

Post by mick2109 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:37 pm

mick2109 wrote:
do u have update visa?
are u working?
any court or offence??
yes i have offenses but dont need to court or anything .just i was suspected offender .but i m clear everything
yes i have to extend my visa in feb througj home office might thats why they waitin to give me decision

mick2109
Newly Registered

Post by mick2109 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:37 pm

mick2109 wrote:
do u have update visa?
are u working?
any court or offence??
yes i have to extend my visa in feb througj home office might thats why they waitin to give me decision

zuhus
Newly Registered

Post by zuhus » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:06 pm

I contacted INIS today to ask for an update to my application and was told its being prepared to be submitted to the Minister.

My timelines are on my previous posts, I don't know how to retrieve my previous posts but here's my background info:
Application based on stamp 4 five year residency. 1st week June 2016, 1st Acknowledgment and combined 2nd stage letter 2nd week July 2016. I sent my updated GNIB card last week via email (without being asked for it) and I received an acknowledgment letter for the updated GNIB card last week. I have a conviction too (went to court and everything), I stated about it during my initial application and wrote a remorseful letter during my initial application. I have been working full time for the last 5 years except for a 4 month period in 2013- not that all these matters, but I am just stating the information in case it helps someone else as I applied for citizenship with no other help except by solely by learning through advice given on this forum.
Fingers crossed all goes well now and we'll have some good news by xmas :?

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:01 pm

zuhus wrote:I contacted INIS today to ask for an update to my application and was told its being prepared to be submitted to the Minister.

My timelines are on my previous posts, I don't know how to retrieve my previous posts but here's my background info:
Application based on stamp 4 five year residency. 1st week June 2016, 1st Acknowledgment and combined 2nd stage letter 2nd week July 2016. I sent my updated GNIB card last week via email (without being asked for it) and I received an acknowledgment letter for the updated GNIB card last week. I have a conviction too (went to court and everything), I stated about it during my initial application and wrote a remorseful letter during my initial application. I have been working full time for the last 5 years except for a 4 month period in 2013- not that all these matters, but I am just stating the information in case it helps someone else as I applied for citizenship with no other help except by solely by learning through advice given on this forum.
Fingers crossed all goes well now and we'll have some good news by xmas :?
Hi zuhus,

It is good to hear that your application is being prepared to be submitted to the Minister which Garda, Social and other relevant agencies check has already been done. I believe, you will get your approval letter soon.

I have a speeding conviction too and I went to the court for it and paid the penalty on the same day when I was on the court. I did mention about it on my application and attached the payment receipt as well. Didn't think about remorse letter at the time of lodging my application. It took almost 10 months for my application to move to the second stage. I believe, it would be a very wise decision even if I send one remorse letter now.

Do you mind to share if there is any template for speeding remorse letter only if you have as you did submit a letter of remorse. I would be grateful if you can help me with this.

Thanks in advance
iCloud

michaelshodipo66
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by michaelshodipo66 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:53 pm

michaelshodipo66 wrote:
michaelshodipo66 wrote:This the letter i got from citizenship today:

Your application is being prepared for submission to the Minister, it has
not yet been submitted. You will be informed of the Ministers decision as
expeditiously as possible.

Regards

Citizenship Division

i wonder how long it will take to get approval after this letter, i'll be greatful if someone can tell .
This letter is not by post but email reply from citizenship division.
i apply base on irish associate since last may 12th 2015
NEW UPDATE TODAY 09/12/116:
Dear Mr. S,

Correspondence in relation to your application issued to you from this
office yesterday.

Regards,

Elaine
Citizenship Division

Karim, what did you think because they have posted letter to me yesterday and hopeful i will get it on monday with good news, i pray

mick2109
Newly Registered

Post by mick2109 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:27 pm

michaelshodipo66 wrote:
michaelshodipo66 wrote:
michaelshodipo66 wrote:This the letter i got from citizenship today:

Your application is being prepared for submission to the Minister, it has
not yet been submitted. You will be informed of the Ministers decision as
expeditiously as possible.

Regards

Citizenship Division

i wonder how long it will take to get approval after this letter, i'll be greatful if someone can tell .
This letter is not by post but email reply from citizenship division.
i apply base on irish associate since last may 12th 2015
NEW UPDATE TODAY 09/12/116:
Dear Mr. S,

Correspondence in relation to your application issued to you from this
office yesterday.

Regards,

Elaine
Citizenship Division

Karim, what did you think because they have posted letter to me yesterday and hopeful i will get it on monday with good news, i pray
dear all i got same letter yesterday your applicatoon being prepared for submission but not yet submitted any advice more help and let me know how long take more after that thanks guys

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:48 pm

mick2109 wrote:dear all i got same letter yesterday your applicatoon being prepared for submission but not yet submitted any advice more help and let me know how long take more after that thanks guys
@mick2109

Do you mind to share your timeline please?
Application submission date
Acknowledgement date
Second stage etc.

michaelshodipo66
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by michaelshodipo66 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:26 pm

iCloud wrote:
mick2109 wrote:dear all i got same letter yesterday your applicatoon being prepared for submission but not yet submitted any advice more help and let me know how long take more after that thanks guys
@mick2109

Acknowledgement date
Second stage etc.
@mick2109,

i got the letter they wrote to you in september 29th, before i got this new one today.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:24 pm

To michaelshodipo66 and to all

I believe they sending a lot of app to the minister dept for the coming ceremony..And only, will get approval who has updated visa till the end or they may ask for update visa to the person whos visas is about to expire?
Now you have to be good character to pass or get a green signal from minister decision thats the main key...
and of course has to be current employee too..
On the other hand it is my advise to all applicant, be honest with ur application..
tell them the truth if you have offense and fine or court issue...because every thing they can find in the system..
All are human they know it and human does mistakes..what pises them off is if you hide something and they find it later in the system..its my own opinion..
I guess in second stage they checked all and if they find something wrong they kept it for long..(As punishment)..they dont send it to minister dept..
Because eventually minister dept they mostly approve most cases..
But second stage dept hold the case for long..(if you have no current visa or court issue or offense)
But I can guess only minister dept only look at if you are good character or not??
Hope people get an idea..
These are my thoughts...

Regards
J.K

mick2109
Newly Registered

Post by mick2109 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:31 pm

michaelshodipo66 wrote:
iCloud wrote:
@mick2109

Acknowledgement date
Second stage etc.
@mick2109,

i got the letter they wrote to you in september 29th, before i got this new one today.
dear my timeline sept 2015 based irish spouse first letter 25 sept 2nd letter jan 2016 and after that i asked all the time through email they answered me back your application continues to be processed cant give exact time frame .i lost hope i emailed yesterday after 2 and half month then i got that reply the one you got 29 sept now they send you another correspondence thats approval letter u got it buddy monday or tue u get gud news gud luck and congrats in advance buddy

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:54 pm

mick2109 wrote:i got the letter they wrote to you in september 29th, before i got this new one today.
dear my timeline sept 2015 based irish spouse first letter 25 sept 2nd letter jan 2016 and after that i asked all the time through email they answered me back your application continues to be processed cant give exact time frame .i lost hope i emailed yesterday after 2 and half month then i got that reply the one you got 29 sept now they send you another correspondence thats approval letter u got it buddy monday or tue u get gud news gud luck and congrats in advance buddy
@mick2109
Sorry, I didn't get you, so you got approval letter?

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:56 pm

To michaelshodipo66 and to all

I believe they sending a lot of app to the minister dept for the coming ceremony..And only, will get approval who has updated visa till the end or they may ask for update visa to the person whos visas is about to expire?
Now you have to be good character to pass or get a green signal from minister decision thats the main key...
and of course has to be current employee too..
On the other hand it is my advise to all applicant, be honest with ur application..
tell them the truth if you have offense and fine or court issue...because every thing they can find in the system..
All are human they know it and human does mistakes..what pises them off is if you hide something and they find it later in the system..its my own opinion..
I guess in second stage they checked all and if they find something wrong they kept it for long..(As punishment)..they dont send it to minister dept..
Because eventually minister dept they mostly approve most cases..
But second stage dept hold the case for long..(if you have no current visa or court issue or offense)
But I can guess only minister dept only look at if you are good character or not??
Hope people get an idea..
These are my thoughts...

Regards
J.K

mick2109
Newly Registered

Post by mick2109 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:53 am

iCloud wrote:
mick2109 wrote:i got the letter they wrote to you in september 29th, before i got this new one today.
@mick2109
i i didnt get approval letter yet i mean about the email i got from them u got same email 29 sep and u mentioned yesterday u emailed them and they reply correspondence send u it means approval letter thats i mean

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:04 pm

iCloud wrote:I have a speeding conviction too and I went to the court for it and paid the penalty on the same day when I was on the court. I did mention about it on my application and attached the payment receipt as well. Didn't think about remorse letter at the time of lodging my application. It took almost 10 months for my application to move to the second stage. I believe, it would be a very wise decision even if I send one remorse letter now.

Do you mind to share if there is any template for speeding remorse letter only if you have as you did submit a letter of remorse. I would be grateful if you can help me with this.

Thanks in advance
iCloud
Why bother with a 'remorse letter' based on a template?
If the poor Minister receives all these near-identical letters expressing false remorse s/he's going to smell something fishy.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:17 pm

noajthan wrote:
iCloud wrote:I have a speeding conviction too and I went to the court for it and paid the penalty on the same day when I was on the court. I did mention about it on my application and attached the payment receipt as well. Didn't think about remorse letter at the time of lodging my application. It took almost 10 months for my application to move to the second stage. I believe, it would be a very wise decision even if I send one remorse letter now.

Thanks in advance
iCloud
Why bother with a 'remorse letter' based on a template?
If the poor Minister receives all these near-identical letters expressing false remorse s/he's going to smell something fishy.
@ noajthan

You are right, I managed to write one last night with my own broken English. Hope Minister will accept it and be very lenient on my application.

iCloud
- thin ice -

Post by iCloud » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:20 pm

mick2109 wrote:
iCloud wrote:
@mick2109
i i didnt get approval letter yet i mean about the email i got from them u got same email 29 sep and u mentioned yesterday u emailed them and they reply correspondence send u it means approval letter thats i mean
@mick2109

You probably mixed me up with someone else. I didn't get any letter in September. I received my second stage letter at the first week of November. Anyway good luck and keep updating us in this forum.

zuhus
Newly Registered

Post by zuhus » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:42 am

Thanks in advance
iCloud

I wrote something along the lines of being remorseful for what happened. I was a bit immature at that time but I have since learnt my lesson and have been of good character since then, as proven by XX number of year after that where I have not gotten into any further trouble since then and been a law-abiding citizen.
I believe it comes in handy and would strongly encourage anyone with a conviction to think about submitting the letter. Just a heartfelt letter, it doesn't need to have any particular format.

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:36 am

Hi All,
Long time lurker, first time poster here.
So...
I got my second stage letter today.
And I was wondering if it is 100% absolutely necessary to renew my GNIB card (expires mid January). It would be possible for me to actually co-incide the absence of the card with some travel, so i wouldn't be technically violating my visa, but I am wondering if this actually has an effect on my naturalisation application. They have not asked for a renewed card yet.

Thanks in advance.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:49 am

@The_Mentiad if you are lucky enough to get the approval before the expiry date on your GNIB card then you don’t need to renew again, but since your card is expiring next month I would strongly recommend to renew your GNIB card since they might ask for it.

The Frequently asked Questions about Irish Citizenship and Naturalisation section of inis.gov.ie mentions this:

“Permission to remain in the State is a matter of vital importance for all applicants for Citizenship. Applicants must ensure that their registration with the Garda National Immigration Bureau, 13/14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2, is kept up to date during their residency in this country. Residency permissions are evidenced by stamps in your passport. Additional periods may be covered by letters that were issued by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service only granting you permission for a specific period from or to a specified date, although failure to register with the Garda National Immigration Bureau within a reasonable period will be taken into account in assessing your application.”

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:00 pm

Ok cheers, I just sent them an email.

Does anyone know if it is possible to do a GNIB renew after the expiry?

The_Mentiad

Post by The_Mentiad » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:06 pm

By the way my timeline:

Applied - 1 Sep 2016
Application acknowledged - 21 Sep 2016
Second Stage Letter - 12 Dec 2016