ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI - process clarification

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alfred Boyle

OCI - process clarification

Post by Alfred Boyle » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:45 am

hi all

I recently got my naturalisation application approved. Yet to receive my british passport. I understand getting to a state where I can obtain OCI is a two step process? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Surrender India passport by a separate appointment to vfs office. Application filled in with photos and declaration, fees paid, naturalisation certificate in etc., After that, we will get the surrender certificate from HCI.

2. Apply for OCI in another separate application/appointment to vfs office. Application filled in with photos, online application, declaration, british passport copy, surrender certificate, naturalisation certificate, indian passport copy (For Origin proof) etc., and then get OCI.

Is my understanding to approach OCI correct? Or is there any step am I missing please? Kindly advise.

pentaya
India

Re: OCI - process clarification

Post by pentaya » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:21 pm

Alfred Boyle wrote:hi all

I recently got my naturalisation application approved. Yet to receive my british passport. I understand getting to a state where I can obtain OCI is a two step process? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Surrender India passport by a separate appointment to vfs office. Application filled in with photos and declaration, fees paid, naturalisation certificate in etc., After that, we will get the surrender certificate from HCI.

2. Apply for OCI in another separate application/appointment to vfs office. Application filled in with photos, online application, declaration, british passport copy, surrender certificate, naturalisation certificate, indian passport copy (For Origin proof) etc., and then get OCI.

Is my understanding to approach OCI correct? Or is there any step am I missing please? Kindly advise.
Obsolutely correct. Surrender your passport. Get the surrender certificate. Then fill the form online and upload the documents. get the appointment and submit everything in person.