ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling after final exams

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bethmkiefer
Newly Registered

Travelling after final exams

Post by bethmkiefer » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:56 am

Hi all - I am in the same situation and have just completed my MA in September and have been offered a job starting 4 January 2017 (my Tier 4 visa is valid until 23 January 2017). However, I flew home to the US for a family matter before I received the decision that I had an offer from my new employer. Can either of you tell me what ended up happening when you left the UK and reentered? Many thanks!

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Travelling after final exams

Post by sah10406 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:04 am

I don't advise you attempt to re-enter the UK using a Tier 4 visa for a course that has already finished, especially if you are re-entering in order to start work and (presumably) make a Tier 2 application.

I advise you make the Tier 2 application in your home country, and return to the UK with that visa. You will need to speak to your Tier 2 sponsor about this, as it means some differences for them too.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.