ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help.. OCI Documents received at London

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Need help.. OCI Documents received at London

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:00 pm

Hi
Now that my status says documents received, I have some questions -

Can anyone please answer below questions. , I want to be doubly sure as I have to take off and travel long ..
a) I submitted my OCI application at Goswell Road .. I imagine I am supposed to Goswell Road. Is this correct ?
b) Do I have to take any appointment before I go, the info pack says you can visit for stamping between 8:30 am to 11:00 am ( all working days)

I am making sure I take all the docs mentioned in the Page2- Q2
Let me know if there any other things I have to keep in mind for successful appointment.

Thanks,

pentaya
India

Re: Need help.. OCI Documents received at London

Post by pentaya » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:10 pm

Correct, You go to Goswell road and no need of an appointment for OCI stamping. You can just walkin between those timings

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:11 pm

Thank you ..

tulipz
Mood:

Post by tulipz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:41 pm

IndiMarshall wrote:
Let me know if there any other things I have to keep in mind for successful appointment.

Thanks,
Please can anyone confirm what all I need to take (for stamping)?

1. UK passport
2. Status page print out
3. Special Delivery envelope (scanned when I submitted the application)

Anything else?

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:45 pm

tulipz wrote:
IndiMarshall wrote:

Thanks,
Please can anyone confirm what all I need to take (for stamping)?

1. UK passport
2. Status page print out
3. Special Delivery envelope (scanned when I submitted the application)

Anything else?
Thats all you would need.

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:36 pm

Hi,
I am in similar situation and have a follow up question. I submitted my application in Hounslow due to not getting appointment and its ready for collection now.

Can I walk into Paddintion VFS centre and submit the status page and passport or Do i have to go to Hounslow VFS centre again ? Any information, would be really grateful.

Thanks,

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:37 pm

[quote="bond.boy203"]Hi,
I am in similar situation and have a follow up question. I submitted my application in Hounslow due to not getting appointment and its ready for collection now.

I have two questions regarding the same

- Can I submit my prepaid secured delivery envolope in Paddington although my original OCI application was submitted in Hounslow
- Also do I need to submit my original british passport ? If yes, do they send both OCI booklet and british passport in one single secured delivery envolope ?

Thanks,[/quote]

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Hi,

I have two questions regarding the same

- Can I submit my prepaid secured delivery envolope in Paddington although my original OCI application was submitted in Hounslow
- Also do I need to submit my original british passport ? If yes, do they send both OCI booklet and british passport in one single secured delivery envolope ?

bond.boy203

Post by bond.boy203 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:50 pm

since no one answered my question, I will respond to my own questions incase helps others.

You need to go to the same centre where you submitted the original OCI application. They declined to accept the passport for stamping in paddington centre.

the answer to the above is yes. We need to submit original british passport. Both OCI and British passport will be sent in one secured envolope which you would have submitted duting application.