ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Citizenship a month before 3 years of marriage

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lolo82
Canada

Applying for Citizenship a month before 3 years of marriage

Post by lolo82 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:00 pm

Hi everyone!

My second immigration journey is about to start again! (Yay!)... I will be applying for Irish Citizenship based on 3 years of marriage. My 3rd anniversary will be Oct 31. Is it possible to send the application within the month of October? or is it best to post it in Nov 1st just so they have no reason to return the application?

Also, does anyone know if the INIS have set citizenship Ceremonies (ie Jan and July) or is it just as and when they decide to hold them?

Many Thanks
Leah

crisbella218
China

Re: Applying for Citizenship a month before 3 years of marri

Post by crisbella218 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:31 pm

Hi Lolo82,

Sorry the scenario you are talking about would result in a rejection.

INIS will base your 3 years from the date your application is signed not when they receive it. So if you signed it on 30th October and sent it off you would be rejected as your 1 day out. Also from my experience I always highlight that more than 6 weeks outside the Island of Ireland will be subtracted from your 3 year period.

You should therefore sign after 31st October and if you have longer than 6 weeks outside Ireland you should wait that period as well.

Hope that helps.