ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling in Christmas holiday without Brp

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oyf987
Newly Registered

Traveling in Christmas holiday without Brp

Post by oyf987 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:54 pm

Hello guys. My friend is studing for her master degree now, and she was studying in UK for bachelor degree last 3 years in UK. She applied to renew her tier-4 visa in UK nearly 3 months ago. HO approved her tier-4 visa and sent her the confirmation letter and my passport back, said that she needed wait for 7-10 working days to receive the BRP card. But it was 15 working days ago, she has not received the BRP yet. But she is planning travel to her home country next Tuesday. She has still got her old visa of her bachelor studying which will expire in February 2017.(still a stamped visa 3 years ago) The question is: Will she have problem when she comes back and enters in UK in early January 2017 with her passport, old visa, confirmation letter of study from her current University and the confirmation letter from HO? Have you guys ever done this before and successfully renter in UK?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Traveling in Christmas holiday without Brp

Post by sah10406 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:26 pm

oyf987 wrote:Will she have problem when she comes back and enters in UK in early January 2017 with her passport, old visa, confirmation letter of study from her current University and the confirmation letter from HO?
Yes. I advise she postpones or cancels her travel. Alternatively, she could travel as planned and authorise someone else to sign for her BRP when it is delivered, and ask them to courier it to her in her home country. But if this doesn't work out, and she is left stranded without a BRP, she would need to make a whole new Tier 4 application in her home country before she comes back to the UK.

Strongly advise she gets advice from her university's International Student Adviser on Monday, but she should be prepared to postpone or cancel her travel.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.