ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa application from Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tbi76
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa application from Pakistan

Post by tbi76 » Tue May 10, 2011 9:53 pm

HI All,
Just wondering few questions regarding my wife visa application from Pakistan.
I am currently in UK on indefinite Leave i went back for a week and and got married (Nikkah/Civil Marriage) on 2nd April and flew back on 3rd April.

I have been reading on the board that you need at least picture taken on two different occasions to submit with visa application, I just have one from the ceremony my question is

1)Pictures from that day enough or do I have to go back any take more pictures with my wife so I can submit with visa application?

2) Second question I currently live i a shared house, do I have to rent a flat now or Can i pay deposit to an rental agency and get a contract for a flat which will be available in 2 months time?

Relies will be much appreciated

Many Thanks

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Spouse Visa application from Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Wed May 11, 2011 12:41 am

tbi76 wrote:HI All,
Just wondering few questions regarding my wife visa application from Pakistan.
I am currently in UK on indefinite Leave i went back for a week and and got married (Nikkah/Civil Marriage) on 2nd April and flew back on 3rd April.

I have been reading on the board that you need at least picture taken on two different occasions to submit with visa application, I just have one from the ceremony my question is

1)Pictures from that day enough or do I have to go back any take more pictures with my wife so I can submit with visa application?

2) Second question I currently live i a shared house, do I have to rent a flat now or Can i pay deposit to an rental agency and get a contract for a flat which will be available in 2 months time?

Relies will be much appreciated

Many Thanks
1. If Marriage is recent, pictures taken before or on that day will be enough, any other evidence such as phone bills after u came back will be good.

2. If you share a house its fine too as long as it doesn't overcrowd, you should get NOC from landlord that additional tenant moving in no problem. Check out Housing Act 1985 in this regards,

if you get new rental agreement, it can be post-dated and should be valid from the date your wife intends to land in the UK!

tbi76
Newly Registered

Post by tbi76 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:50 am

Thanks terriblescream

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 11, 2011 7:09 am

Going to Pakistan and spending all that money to get married and be back in the UK within a week, might raise a bit suspicion in the mindset of the ECO.

Spending just one day with your spouse after marriage is not the norm amongst Pakistani weddings.

Personally I think the ECO may well refuse you on the grounds that he doesn't believe this a genuine marriage, even though you might have followed the correct procedure. You might have been better off with a fiancée visa rather than a spouse.( meeting and seeing your fiancée is the only essential requirement for this type of visa.).

You could have then carried out the proper wedding in the UK( if you are already not thinking of doing the same when your wife comes here)

Good luck to you if you succeed though.

tbi76
Newly Registered

Post by tbi76 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:28 pm

batleykhan wrote:Going to Pakistan and spending all that money to get married and be back in the UK within a week, might raise a bit suspicion in the mindset of the ECO.

Spending just one day with your spouse after marriage is not the norm amongst Pakistani weddings.

Personally I think the ECO may well refuse you on the grounds that he doesn't believe this a genuine marriage, even though you might have followed the correct procedure. You might have been better off with a fiancée visa rather than a spouse.( meeting and seeing your fiancée is the only essential requirement for this type of visa.).

You could have then carried out the proper wedding in the UK( if you are already not thinking of doing the same when your wife comes here). Thanks BatleyKhan for your response, one more thing when I went last month I had Nikkah it was a big function and wedding is in September. I want to apply visa on the bases of Nikkah as it is legally and religiously marriage in Pakistan and would like my wife to come back with me after formal reception in September. Will it help if I visit her once before applying for visa in June/July?

Good luck to you if you succeed though.

tbi76
Newly Registered

Post by tbi76 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:38 pm

Thanks Batley Khan for reply and link, very helpfull. Just a question I had my Nikkah last month when I went for a week it was a proper function with around 200 guests and formal reception (wedding)is in Septembet I wanted to apply for visa so my wife can come back with me after september and Nikkah is taken marriage and acepted as proof of marrige so if I want to apply for suppose visa should I go back for a week before applying fir visa will that help in your opinion.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 11, 2011 4:45 pm

If you have carried out a marriage in accordance with Pakistani law,then it is deemed to be a legal marriage. You must therefore apply for Spouse visa in accordance with procedure outline in my link.

However you need to have very good and valid reason as to why you did what you did, as I have already stated that this is not the norm of a typical Pakistani marriage of a Brit person and therefore likely to raise some suspicion in the mind set of the ECO deciding your wifes application.

Outline your reasons for doing this in the sponsorship letter that you will need to send with your wifes application, so teh ECO becomes aware of teh reason that you returned back to UK one day after your wedding.

In teh meanwhile provide evidence of contact between you from your date of wedding till the lodging of application( send some money to your wife is a good idea), as you will need this to prove your marriage is genuine and subsisting.

If you have time to go and visit, thats fine , if not its not essential.

tbi76
Newly Registered

Post by tbi76 » Wed May 11, 2011 9:55 pm

Thanks BatleyKhan, very helpful.

alisha hussain
Newly Registered

Post by alisha hussain » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:19 am

hi there,
I applied a spouse visa from Pakistan online on 26-11-16 on priority visa service and completed my biometric on 28-11-16.
my husband sent all supporting documents to home office in Sheffield on 7-12-16,which he received back within two days on 9-12-16,including financial form and online application form signed by me .
my quires are
(1) we have not received any acknowledgement through email yet ?
(2)the documents were returned that quick which was worrying and why does it include all original forms ,I guess home office is supposed to keep them
(3)I am worried that my husband has used the wrong address because there are so many different addresses for Sheffield home office the address he used was
UK Visas and Immigration International
Po Box 5852
SHEFFIELD
S11 0FX
is this the right address please help me
thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:34 am

No need for multiple repeated posts of same question all over forum.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.