ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting documents for Asending non-EEA family members RC

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bobthemoggie

Supporting documents for Asending non-EEA family members RC

Post by Bobthemoggie » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Hi All

I am trying to gather sample list of supporting documents for Resident Permit application for Adult dependent parents, under EU Directive 2004/EC/38.

Not agnostic to which EU country we are applying at, could you please provide a sample / example supporting documents list?

I tried contacting Solvit / country's Immigration department but the answers they have given is very vague & only a copy paste of brief info available on their website

Any help in this direction will be highly appreciated

Many thanks

noajthan

Re: Supporting documents for Asending non-EEA family members

Post by noajthan » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:27 am

Good idea.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Bobthemoggie

Post by Bobthemoggie » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:21 pm

Hi All,

Kind reminder

Does anybody have sample supporting documents list & cover letter for for non-EU family members (Ascendant/parents) of EU citizen residence permit application under EU Directive? (while EU citizen exercising Freedom of movement in the Netherlands / Luxembourg)

Cheers

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:20 pm

Bobthemoggie wrote:Not agnostic to which EU country we are applying at
The problem with the request is that while EU law applies across the EEA, its implementation is left to national authorities. The EU itself does not have any implementation arm, but its laws work through national authorities.

To my mind, that is also the reason as to why EU laws are drafted so broadly, so as to encompass all possibilities. Thus, a gay married couple would be consider direct family members in Western Europe, but durable partners (EFMs) in Poland, which does not recognise gay marriages.

All that EU law specifies is that for grand/parents, dependency is proven. The proof has to be assessed by and satisfy the relevant national authorities, there being no EU authority to assess it. Therefore, the list of documentation can (and likely does) vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

Therefore, for a proper and complete answer, state the jurisdictions that you have in mind.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Bobthemoggie

Post by Bobthemoggie » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:01 pm

secret.simon wrote:
Bobthemoggie wrote:Not agnostic to which EU country we are applying at
The problem with the request is that while EU law applies across the EEA, its implementation is left to national authorities. The EU itself does not have any implementation arm, but its laws work through national authorities.

To my mind, that is also the reason as to why EU laws are drafted so broadly, so as to encompass all possibilities. Thus, a gay married couple would be consider direct family members in Western Europe, but durable partners (EFMs) in Poland, which does not recognise gay marriages.

All that EU law specifies is that for grand/parents, dependency is proven. The proof has to be assessed by and satisfy the relevant national authorities, there being no EU authority to assess it. Therefore, the list of documentation can (and likely does) vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

Therefore, for a proper and complete answer, state the jurisdictions that you have in mind.
Thanks a lot for elaborating.
Urgently I need to know about the Netherlands.

Cheers

Bobthemoggie

Post by Bobthemoggie » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:48 pm

Also apart from above referred query, specific to the Netherlands, I would like to know about Apostille requirement, making apostile on each & every documents is not possible ( considering time & costs involved)?
i.e. Its possible & affordable to make Apostille on Birth Cert / degree etc.. but it will be overkill if we have to do same for stuff like Airline tickets & bank statements etc.

Kindly let me know your view on this & on earlier referred query about supporting documents for EU dependent application in the Netherlands.

Cheers