ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 Child Student Director

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Denkam
Newly Registered

Tier 4 Child Student Director

Post by Denkam » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:45 pm

Hi, can a Tier 4 Child Student over 18 be a director or a shareholder?
In a guidance on pages 68-69 it does not ban you anywhere from being a director or a shareholder on its own but from being employed by a company where he or she ALSO holds a statuatory role, and doesn't say anything about being in a statuatory role on itself.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 Child Student Director

Post by sah10406 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:04 pm

The Tier 4 policy guidance (page 70) gives three specific examples of the sort of "business activity" a Tier 4 migrant cannot undertake, including the one you have quoted, but it also says

This is not an exhaustive list but provides examples of the types of circumstance in which you will be considered to be engaged in business activity.

I would therefore advise that a Tier 4 migrant does not undertakes any activities that could be described as "business activity". It also seems slightly odd that someone with Tier 4 Child leave, maximum 17 years old, would be doing so.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.