ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit and visa for Portugal?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

neuron

Work permit and visa for Portugal?

Post by neuron » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:34 pm

I'm a non-EU national, currently residing on a Critical Skills work permit in Ireland, together with my spouse (also non-EU).

A company in Portugal (I'm in IT) is going to make me an offer this week, to relocate there. They are willing to sponsor me for a work permit. I'd just like to check on the process for myself and my wife:

Step 1: The company applies for a work permit for me. Does anyone know how long this might take to be approved?

Step 2: We need to get visas to land in Portugal from the local Portugese embassy. The thing is - we're from a country whose nationals don't need visas to land in Schengen agreement countries for tourist visits. Would this pertain to our case as well?

Step 3: After we land in Portugal, we need to apply for residence permits straight away - I've heard the approval process can last up to 60 days.

Does anyone know more about this? Also, would my wife be able to go to Portugal alone before me, to sort out an apartment (we have some friends there)?

Thanks!

johnexpert
Newly Registered

Re: Work permit and visa for Portugal?

Post by johnexpert » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:19 am

Hello neuron, Hope you are doing great!

Yes, you are right with the process. If you want to become self-employed in Portugal the you have two options. You can either register as an unlimited sole trader or as a sole trader with limited liability. If you desire to start a new career or xxxxxx, then you should relocate to the Algarve, Porto, Lisbon and other major cities and regions in Portugal. :)

Moderator Edit: Why have you resurrected a thread that is over 12 months old? Your self-promotion web link has been removed.