ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Older dependent relatives

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

imi99999
Mood:
Pakistan

Older dependent relatives

Post by imi99999 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:52 pm

Hi All
Please if someone can assist,
My Neighbour, 69 year old, from Pakistan was granted ILR in 2012 and he is retired and dependant on state Pension. He has been in UK as asylum seeker since 2005 and haven't seen his wife or kids during that time. He recently had heart attack and had By Pass last week. As he is not financially strong neither his family in Pakistan. What is the best solution for him to get his wife over here specially when he is really critical and has no one to look after him and he is mentally too down for not been able to support his family.

noajthan

Re: Older dependent relatives

Post by noajthan » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:06 pm

imi99999 wrote:Hi All
Please if someone can assist,
My Neighbour, 69 year old, from Pakistan was granted ILR in 2012 and he is retired and dependant on state Pension. He has been in UK as asylum seeker since 2005 and haven't seen his wife or kids during that time. He recently had heart attack and had By Pass last week. As he is not financially strong neither his family in Pakistan. What is the best solution for him to get his wife over here specially when he is really critical and has no one to look after him and he is mentally too down for not been able to support his family.
The two options (in UK) may be spouse visa or visit visa.
There are financial requirements for a spouse visa.
A visit visa may be problematic particularly with the need to provide proof that visitor will return home.
Alternately there is the option of travelling out of UK.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa

Re: Older dependent relatives

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:26 am

If he was granted settlement under asylum, why did he never apply for his wife and children to join him under the 'Family Reunion' route :?:

https://www.gov.uk/settlement-refugee-o ... ly-reunion
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.