ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marrying In Romania

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BHAVINGOSALIA
Newly Registered

Re: Romanian Long Stay Visa

Post by BHAVINGOSALIA » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:39 am

MoAlvi wrote:
emmasu wrote:I can help you with the process as i went through it myself. But i dont know actually how it works for someone who is residing outside of Romania.
Thank you so much. I was in Romania on C type Multiple visa and now I'm back in Qatar for my job. My wife also use to Work in Qatar but she recentlymoved back bcoz of birth of our baby. To be honest getting long stay visa is just to make our life easier when ever traveling back to romania and not for reason as I have good job in Qatar. I read in some previous post that with my multiple C type visa I can apply for long stay visa or residency card while in romania and just need papers which include our marriage certificate which is registered in Romania, her ID , my passport with visa and also lease contract of property. But some post tells different stories. I hope you can clarify some of information for me. Thanks
Dear MoAlvi,

I was looking through the forum and am glad to find your query over here. I am in similar situation that I would like to get some clarification on. I would appreciate it if you could shed some light on this.

I am an Indian national and residing in Dubai. I plan to get married to my Romanian Partner in Romania. I would like to know what was the procedure that you followed in order to get married in Romania; in terms of what visa category would I need to apply for travel to Romania and getting married there? Can I get married to her in Romania if I travel there on a C Visa or do I need a D Visa. Any help on this would be highly regarded as we are looking forward to getting married in the next couple of months.

BHAVINGOSALIA
Newly Registered

Marrying In Romania

Post by BHAVINGOSALIA » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:12 am

Dear All,

I am in am Indian National living and working in Dubai. I have a certain query regarding marrying my partner who is a Romanian Citizen. We would like to get married in Romania and would be obliged if someone could help us with the following doubts:

1. What kind of visa would I require in order to make the travel to Romania and conduct the marriage? I am aware of the 2 visa types, C & D but would it be possible to be married on these visas? And if so which specific category?

2. What are the other formal regulations that we may need to imply in order to successfully register our marriage in Romania?

Any help would be dearly appreciated. We are looking to tie the knot in the next 3 months.

noajthan

Re: Marrying In Romania

Post by noajthan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:58 am

Posts merged.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

MoAlvii
Newly Registered

Post by MoAlvii » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:38 am

Hi

You need to go on Type C visa to Romania to get marry. System in Romania is very complicated so make sure you have all of your documents to support. We didn't go through that way. We got marry in Seychelles which was much more easy. You need to have single certificate and birth certificate attested by Ministery of Foriegn Affairs in India and also attested by Romanian Embassy in India. You will require both Documents doesn't matter if you get marry in Romania or in Seychelles.
You can contact me in person and can give you more details.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:27 am

MoAlvii wrote:Hi

Post in public so all who are interested may contribute, validate and benefit.

BHAVINGOSALIA
Newly Registered

Post by BHAVINGOSALIA » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:59 am

MoAlvii wrote:Hi

You need to go on Type C visa to Romania to get marry. System in Romania is very complicated so make sure you have all of your documents to support. We didn't go through that way. We got marry in Seychelles which was much more easy. You need to have single certificate and birth certificate attested by Ministery of Foriegn Affairs in India and also attested by Romanian Embassy in India. You will require both Documents doesn't matter if you get marry in Romania or in Seychelles.
Dear MoAlvi,

Thank you so much for your reply on this regard. I would really appreciate it if you could shed some light on this regard. Could you provide me your contact details so that I could reach out to you over the phone or however convinient. You could drop me a line with your email and I shall write back to you. Or else you could drop me a line at xxxxxxxxxxxxx

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:25 am

No details in public.
As per Board T&Cs.

Don't be selfish - share in public so all those interested may benefit.