ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Something for older couples

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Something for older couples

Post by 357mag » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:14 pm

Something that might interest couples of pension age if your non EU partner gets a pension. Bulgaria allows non EU citizens who have a certified pension to emigrate there and buy property.
As long as the pension is higher than the average monthly income, which is roughly £500 they will issue a long term residence certificate.
My own situation is I bought a house there for little over £3000, yes that low, I put £1000 into my Bulgarian bank account and had an EHIC card. I was issued a long term permit within hours no problem.
I'm still looking to get my Filipino partner over but in looking I found out that if she gets a pension she can come over on her own merit instead of trying for a type D visa which is giving us problems. She does not get her pension for a few more years yet but theres always hope we will be together in the end.

Thought I'd post it to let others know. If you love someone it does not matter where you are as long as its together and Bulgaria offers a possibility.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Re: Something for older couples

Post by 357mag » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:37 pm

I'm not affiliated to these and not trying to advertise but it sort of explains how it works.
Mod edit: 3rd party link removed
Last edited by noajthan on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed 3rd party commercial link
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Re: Something for older couples

Post by 357mag » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:03 pm

Sorry mods it wasn't intended to advertise.

This list from an embassy website, item 10 shows how it work but not quite as clearly.
http://www.bulgarianembassy-london.org/ ... Itemid=164

It could work for Brit pensioners too after Brexit, you could go there as a non EU citizen yourself and your family member could join you under family reunification laws they would not need the type D visa.