ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewal of GNIB card while waiting for 4 EUFAM

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cheloz

Renewal of GNIB card while waiting for 4 EUFAM

Post by cheloz » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:13 pm

Hi all,

I am waiting for the Stamp 4 EUFAM, should've been ready by december but of course it didn't arrive on time.

Meanwhile though, my GNIB is expiring in March so I've read the following:
The expiry date for your current immigration permission & registration is shown on the stamp in your passport and on your Certificate of Registration (GNIB card).
To apply for a renewal, you must visit a registration office during the 2 week renewal period before expiry.
So meaning if my GNIB expires on the 1st of March, I must have an appointment within 2 weeks before expiry? isn't that too soon? how is it working - do they just give a new one on the spot when I am on the appointment? what documents do I need to bring?
we all know how long it takes for them to process things that's why these 2 weeks prior to expiry don't make sense to me.

Thanks

J_Karim
BANNED

Re: Renewal of GNIB card while waiting for 4 EUFAM

Post by J_Karim » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:16 pm

Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

cheloz

Post by cheloz » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:04 pm

That literally answers zero of my questions.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:42 pm

So meaning if my GNIB expires on the 1st of March, I must have an appointment within 2 weeks before expiry? isn't that too soon? how is it working - do they just give a new one on the spot when I am on the appointment? what documents do I need to bring?
we all know how long it takes for them to process things that's why these 2 weeks prior to expiry don't make sense to me.
My friend, the easiest way to have concrete information is to visit the local INIS office where the Stamp 4 was issued and ask them what would be the earliest you can apply for an extension should you not get a reply back before the Stamp 4 expires. After all your local INIS office would be the place you need to visit for getting the extension (unless you live in Dublin).

I'm in the exact same predicament as yourself and planning on doing the same thing should I not hear anything one month before the Stamp 4 expires in March

Good luck

cheloz

Post by cheloz » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:27 pm

shpirtshqipe wrote:
My friend, the easiest way to have concrete information is to visit the local INIS office where the Stamp 4 was issued and ask them what would be the earliest you can apply for an extension should you not get a reply back before the Stamp 4 expires. After all your local INIS office would be the place you need to visit for getting the extension (unless you live in Dublin).

I'm in the exact same predicament as yourself and planning on doing the same thing should I not hear anything one month before the Stamp 4 expires in March

Good luck
Hi there! thanks for the kind reply.

Yes indeed I am in Dublin and I tried going there to ask someone a question, the people behind the counter have only enough brain capacity to hand me a paper with the URL address of the appointment system.

I also tried sending an email in September and October a few times, all I got was the automatic reply that "the current processing times are 10 months etc..", they used to answer emails somewhere up to September.

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:37 pm

Hi there! thanks for the kind reply.

Yes indeed I am in Dublin and I tried going there to ask someone a question, the people behind the counter have only enough brain capacity to hand me a paper with the URL address of the appointment system.

I also tried sending an email in September and October a few times, all I got was the automatic reply that "the current processing times are 10 months etc..", they used to answer emails somewhere up to September.
Like yourself, I live in hope to hear before the Stamp 4 expires but not holding my breath

If you don't hear from anyone else here in the forum near the time I will endeavor to keep you posted on what I have done to extend the Stamp 4 (I'm hoping to hear before that happens)

Good luck