ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exit Permit for Baby born in India with new British Passport

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Mood:

Exit Permit for Baby born in India with new British Passport

Post by amitbalaji » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:15 pm

Hello,
Please can someone advise how long a person can stay in India after being given the exit permit?

Basically baby got the british passport just couple of days back but my wife with the baby who are india would like to come to the UK in Feb 1st week. So can she apply for the exit permit now and get it by next week for travel due date of Feb 1st week?

Any response will be very helpful.

Kind Regards

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: Exit Permit for Baby born in India with new British Pass

Post by amitbalaji » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:27 pm

any reply please

amitbalaji
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by amitbalaji » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:36 am

moderators any reply?

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:43 am

amitbalaji wrote:moderators any reply?
Moderators look after the day-to-day running of the forum and don't necessarily have more knowledge than other members.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

piyushpatel
Newly Registered

Post by piyushpatel » Thu May 25, 2017 7:09 pm

I am in same situation. I am british citizen living in India on OCI. Got baby girl and received british passport for her on 25/05, not sure if I need to apply for new visa in india or need exit permit

would appreciate your experience

piyushpatel
Newly Registered

Post by piyushpatel » Thu May 25, 2017 7:11 pm

Casa wrote:
amitbalaji wrote:moderators any reply?
I am in same situation. I am british citizen living in India on OCI. Got baby girl and received british passport for her on 25/05, not sure if I need to apply for new visa in india or need exit permit

would appreciate your experience
piyushpatel
Newly Registered

sajisays
Newly Registered

Post by sajisays » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:17 pm

Any update on this case please? We are in the same situation. Our son was born in Chennai in March 2016 and he got his British passport in December 2016. Now we are almost ready to take him back to UK with us, but are confused about how we get his exit visa. Please can someone explain what we need to do to get his exit visa in Chennai? Thanks.

gillsha70
Newly Registered

Re: Exit Permit for Baby born in India with new British Passport

Post by gillsha70 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:48 am

Guys I would suggests you absolutely need to get your Exit Permit before you arrive at your airport of choice.
A close family member, British mother, British Baby, Indian Father with correct spousal visa hadn't heard of an exit visa and have just had a difficult morning trying to sort things out.

You have to get your permit from the FRRO that the Foreign Parent is registered at, they need the Hospital Discharge Notes and need to verify the address in India. It will apparently take approx 3 days for the permit to be issued. The FRRO website says the Exit Permit is only valid for a "few" days , so I would only get it once your travel is imminent.

I am not an expert just saw a lot of questions around this topic and wanted to share what i have learned to save anyone else making the same mistake.

takdeerwala
India

Re: Exit Permit for Baby born in India with new British Passport

Post by takdeerwala » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:26 pm

Exit visas are for people who came into India without a visa (like a child born or adopted here), people who have overstayed their visa, or people who are in the extension process (usually just a simple paper slip in this last case).

A good link to facilitate the FRRO experience
http://learningindia.in/indian-frro-reg ... -overview/