ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to stay in Ireland in my situation?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

StelaLena
Newly Registered

How to stay in Ireland in my situation?

Post by StelaLena » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:06 pm

My husband is EU citizen.The first he came in Ireland and started to work here. At the beginning of this year I came and I've got stamp 4 as a spouse of EU citizen and it is valid for 5 years, I can live and work here. When I got that permission at immigration office they told us that my permission is based on him, if he loses the job, or if he is not resident here or if our relationship status is changed then my permission is not valid anymore.
I've got the job and started to work. My first question is if he loses his job does it means that I need to leave the Ireland the same day or I have some time for because maybe he can find some other job?

The second, most important, is my current situation. Three months ago he lost his job and he got some other project in some other country and he left. He told me it would be 6 months project and he planned to come back in March 2017. But now he changed his mind, he wants to go to work in one country in Asia and he does not want to live with me anymore. I left my old job in my home country to come and live with him in Ireland, the situation in my country is difficult, and it is not a solution for me to go back if I can stay. My question is will they check me from immigration office during this five years? How often they check someone and do they ask for all documentation again?

Then, I planned to move from this address because it is too expensive for me to pay the rent, I planned to rent just one room in shared house. I know I need to let know immigration office if I want to change the address, but I am afraid If I let them know that maybe they will ask for all documentation again or maybe they will ask for the letter from Tenancy Board and I will not have it. So, what to do, let them know about my new address or not? Then, in five years if I want to apply for citizenship I know they will ask for three proofs of address for every year here, will they ask only for me or for him too? And what if I don't have proofs for him?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: How to stay in Ireland in my situation?

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:18 pm

You have no right to stay or work in Ireland if your sponsor has left. You will not qualify for PR or citizenship either as your sponsor is no longer in the state.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

StelaLena
Newly Registered

Post by StelaLena » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:24 pm

Thank you for your reply. I know that. But I want to stay until they catch me. So, I am interested in how often they do control? Because they do not know that my husband is not here. And if they catch me and deport me, will I be banned just to enter Ireland or all EU countries?

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:26 pm

StelaLena wrote:Then, in five years if I want to apply for citizenship I know they will ask for three proofs of address for every year here, will they ask only for me or for him too? And what if I don't have proofs for him?
It sounds like you are burying your head in the sand here and you don't quite understand the seriousness of your situation.

StelaLena
Newly Registered

Post by StelaLena » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:36 pm

ohara wrote:
StelaLena wrote:Then, in five years if I want to apply for citizenship I know they will ask for three proofs of address for every year here, will they ask only for me or for him too? And what if I don't have proofs for him?
It sounds like you are burying your head in the sand here and you don't quite understand the seriousness of your situation.
No, I just do not have where to come back in my country, I do not have a job there and it is very difficult to find a job and I do not have a place to live there. My (our) plan was to have family and children with him and to live our lives in Ireland and I do not know what happened to him and why is he acting like this, I am shocked and I do not know what to do.
Because of that I just wanted to stay here as long as I can and to save some money because when they deport me I will not have a job or place to live in my country.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:10 pm

The stamp 4 RC is not a valid-for-5-years 'visa'.

Hiding head in sand won't help, you can be asked to confirm status at almost any time (and how can you trust an estranged partner?).

Face facts.
Divorce.
Implement Plan B.
Move on.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:28 pm

Hi
Can only speak for me and 2 people i know was never ask any information about spouse for the 5 full years
but again our spouses never left ireland for more than a month.

I know the check randomly as well .

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:42 pm

broli wrote:Hi
Can only speak for me and 2 people i know was never ask any information about spouse for the 5 full years
but again their spouse was here in
ireland.
And if you had been asked, on moving house, job or enrolling in college you could have justified your status.
And at end of 5 years been rewarded by confirmation of PR.

Important to remember free movement is all about the Union citizen; a dependent has little or no rights without their sponsor (certainly not within a few months of arrival) and their activity is immaterial (as long as its legal).

None of these lifestyle choices will be available to someone not entitled to live, work or study in memberstate (and apparently unable to take responsibility for their actions).

That does not give a green light to every overstayer and illegal worker;
OP seems well-informed and yet their only stated plan is to buck the system.

That mindset and behaviour surely adds to a worsening mistrust and more stringent regime for all legitimate guest workers and migrants in a host country;
and this is a host country that appears to be overwhelmed and so already has a go-slow on visa and document processing for EU applicants.
This Board will not condone avoidance or evasion of immigration controls.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.