ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

reemhmde
Newly Registered

Spouse visa help

Post by reemhmde » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:46 pm

Hello everyone,

I just need some advise on how to go about taking the first step to bringing my fiance (I intend on marrying him in Palestine soon). As a current Undergraduate student, I would like to bring him asap - however I understand it may not be possible considering I need an income of £18,600 which means I will need to wait till after I graduate in 2018.

On the other hand , I was going through the Financial Requirments and was surprised to find that:
''Where an academic maintenance grant or stipend is, or will be, paid on a tax-free basis, the amount of the gross equivalent can be counted towards the financial requirement.''
''A tax-free grant or stipend can be combined with income on which tax has been paid and with current cash savings.''
- Throughout this academic year, I am in receipt of:
26/09/2016 £1129.00
09/01/2017 £1129.00
28/02/2017 £1250
24/04/2017 £1129.00
31/05/2017 £1250
total:
£5887 I do not have to pay back - Does this mean that I can use my grants as part of my financial requirement and my income from my employment (I am a non-salaried NHS admin staff temp which means I earn an hourly rate which varies from month to month and have been employed with them for 6 months (with pay slips). which total around £5,000 to date. - However, only £3000 of this is in my account. - I also intend to continue working as I am for the duration of my studies (part-time and full-time when on holidays)

Lastly, I should mention that my dad applied for him to come for a visit under his name (as a sponsor) family but they rejected my fiance unfortunately... will that affect our visa?

Can anyone please advise me on the best way to bring him? even if it is an alternative or i.e. should I wait until I finish studying or not?

Quick question: if he comes on a spouse visa can I still live with my parents and earn at least £18,600 considering there's enough space for him also so that I don't have to worry about accommodation/bills expenses?

Thank you, I know I have written a lot but any help will be appreciated as I am utterly confused and stuck! :(