ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply for another Master degree in the similar topics

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

forssmann
Newly Registered

Can I apply for another Master degree in the similar topics

Post by forssmann » Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:28 pm

Hi I am an international student who finished my undergraduate degree in UK and now studying an MSc financial risk management degree in Reading. And I want to apply for another MSc Finance degree in LSE, can I do it?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Can I apply for another Master degree in the similar top

Post by sah10406 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:44 pm

forssmann wrote:Hi I am an international student who finished my undergraduate degree in UK and now studying an MSc financial risk management degree in Reading. And I want to apply for another MSc Finance degree in LSE, can I do it?
This is a question for LSE.

If completing the new course still keeps you under the 5-year cap, they could in theory sponsor you under Tier 4 for the new course. However, you could only make the new application in the UK if they are happy to confirm on your CAS that the new course shows academic progression on the old course. Given that they are at the same level, this is the university's call, so you need to discuss it with them.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

keysersoze22

Post by keysersoze22 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:43 pm

what sah said. Please do be aware that the odds of a CAS being given for a same level course are slim - and the only times these are given is if you are specializing in a subject (A commonly cited example would be a degree in Construction Management, specialized then in architecture technology). As Sah said, it's a call for your University, so the board can be of no help here.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:53 pm

keysersoze22 wrote:the only times these are given is if you are specializing in a subject (A commonly cited example would be a degree in Construction Management, specialized then in architecture technology).
The Tier 4 policy guidance for applicants gives two specific scenarios when a sponsor might confirm a new course at the same level as academic progression on the CAS. See "Studying at the same level", page 24 -- for some reason they have deleted all the paragraph numbers in the most recent update of the policy guidance.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -4-student

Just in case LSE does not agree to confirm academic progression on the CAS, do be prepared for applying in your home country.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

keysersoze22

Post by keysersoze22 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:51 pm

There was a fair amount of joy at the deletion of paragraph numbers - goes to show that noone is perfect. 8)

Be aware that there's a high chance that you'll be subject to a credibility interview if you apply outside of the UK, as to why you are pursuing two masters (especially as they seem very closely related).