ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR dates confusion

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

twgal

PR dates confusion

Post by twgal » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:13 am

Hi, I've just applied for a PR card - 5+ years here, working uninterruptedly since Nov 2011. I'm a EEA national from an A2 country, so until Dec 2014 we needed some form of work authorization (there were temporary work restrictions until that date). Relevant dates are below.

June 2011 moved to the UK; same month I applied for a blue card (registration certificate) as the "dependent" unmarried partner of EEA national
June 2011 - Oct 2011 lived in the UK, worked remotely for a company based in a EEA country
Oct 2011 - "dependent" blue card granted
Oct 2011 - I applied for a highly skilled blue card registration certificate in my own right (I didn't want to be conditioned on my partner's work authorization)
Nov 2011 - present: worked continuously in the UK
Jan 2012 - highly skilled blue card granted
Jan 2017 - I have just applied for PR card in my own right

Now, I understand that after 5 years of exercising rights in the UK I'm eligible for permanent residence. On the permanent residence card that I will (hopefully receive), which date will be shown? June 2011 (5 years from the date when I moved to the UK)? November 2011 (5 years from the date when I started working?)? Or January 2017 (5 years from the date I was granted the highly skilled card?).

In other words, when does the clock start ticking for PR eligibility?

And last question: if I get the PR card in June 2017, when can I apply for citizenship, at the earliest?

Many thanks.

noajthan

Re: PR dates confusion

Post by noajthan » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:23 am

The card does not show any such date of acquisition.

You should have acquired PR 5 years since issue of your first EFM RC so after period: Oct 2011 - Oct 2016.
If its going to be a section 6(1) application then shoot for naturalisation in or after Oct 2017.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

twgal

Re: PR dates confusion

Post by twgal » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:33 am

Thank you very much.

What's a section 6(1) application though?