ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zero hours contract job plus private health insurance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Seder
Newly Registered

Zero hours contract job plus private health insurance

Post by Seder » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:29 pm

I'm considering changing my current job and doing care work. The only company that can accommodate my hours (due to my husband's shift pattern) is a zero hours contract company. I'm an A8 national and hopefully can apply for my PR from October 2018 (if the UK is still in the EU then). So the question is: would the zero hours contract job cause an issue when applying for PR under current rules?
Also, has anybody got any recommendations for a private health insurance company to go with if I want to take out health insurance? Thanks

Casa

Re: Zero hours contract job plus private health insurance

Post by Casa » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:34 pm

Moved to the correct forum. This isn't relevant to the discussion on 'Referendum-News and Developments.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.