ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Romanian National PR section 9.15-9.17 help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

unikitty2005
Newly Registered

Romanian National PR section 9.15-9.17 help

Post by unikitty2005 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi

I am a Romanian National applying for the permanent residence card and I am rather confused by section 9 question 15 -17(Subsection B).

"9.15 Did you/your sponsor work for an uninterrupted period of 12 months in accordance with
one or more of the documents mentioned in the table above? Y/N
If yes, when did you/your sponsor complete this 12-month period?
9.16 If, at any point during the accession period, you/your sponsor worked without holding one
of the documents listed in the table above, why was this?
9.17 If you were/your sponsor was exempt or not required to register or obtain authorisation,
please explain why below – e.g. you had leave which did not restrict your right to work, were the
family member of an EEA national qualified person, spouse/civil partner of a British citizen, etc.
You must also provide relevant evidence – see section 18 and the guidance notes "

I have lived in the UK for a continuous of 5 years, have had the CSI and the yellow card and blue card. My date of entry was September 2011, given that my CSI didnt kick in until November 2011 I waited to apply.

The question above and subsequent questions are a bit confusing to me. I am not sure what to answer. I have the blue card which exempts me from any restrictions in the UK so why would I need to answer yes to question 9.15? If I answer No then the next question would be 9.17, where I would say that my blue card has exempt me from needing to apply. Not sure whether this is the correct approach.

I might be mis-interpreting question 9.15? I have studied from sept 2011 to sept 2012 and then started temp working during the summer (on the basis on the yellow card) and then full time working from september 2012 onwards ( blue card awarded feb 2013). Should I be answering yes to 9.15 and the providing an estimated date of the 12 month completion. However this would be tricky as I am not sure if I should be counting from the moment I started temping or full time work.

Apologies for the long post, I've tried looking for something similar in the forum but I haven't found anything.

Any help/guidance would be much appreciated!