ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

desperate for help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marjorie
Newly Registered

desperate for help

Post by marjorie » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:26 pm

Hello everyone,
I am coming here to seek advise. My son has been coming to visit me in the uk for the last 5 years. All through I have made sure that he doesn't mess up with his visa as I await to stabilise and meet the current requirements and then bring him in the country legally. I am beginning to realise that time is running out as he is going to be 17 years this month on the 23rd. I still cannot meet the financial requirements . should I regret for not keeping him when he came in 2012. I cry everytime I think of this. can the home office grant him a visa on merit. My husband suffers from mental health issues and he gets on very well with my son especially this last December when he was completely down. oh please someone help me.
Many thanks
marjorie

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: desperate for help

Post by physicskate » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:09 pm

Lots of questions! What is your immigration status? What is your husband's? When did you first come to the UK?

Who takes care of your son when he is not with you? Are you considered to have 'sole responsibility'?

Does your husband receive DLA for his disabilities? How far away from meeting the financial requirements are you?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:01 pm

Also, do you have any liquid savings?

What are the nationalities of each member of your family?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

marjorie
Newly Registered

Post by marjorie » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:13 am

physicskate wrote:Lots of questions! What is your immigration status? What is your husband's? When did you first come to the UK?

Who takes care of your son when he is not with you? Are you considered to have 'sole responsibility'?

Does your husband receive DLA for his disabilities? How far away from meeting the financial requirements are you?
Thanks for getting back to me.
I am in the country on a spouse visa. My husband is British born. I came to the UK on the 24/4/2007. So I'll be 10 years soon. My parents back home take care of my son but I send all sort of help like school fees.
No my husband does not receive any form of disability allowance because he won't seek any help. I can easily meet the requirements with a combination of my husband income but he has refused to declare his income so it is really hard for me to get any proof of his income though I know we could easily meet the financial requirements. I don't have any liquid savings as it is not possible for me to save much......
Many thanks

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:15 am

If you are on a spouse visa, surely he had to provide all of his income details anyway??

Something doesn't quite add up...