ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Processing Time from Lahore

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BelalK
Newly Registered

Applying for spouse visa help, plus some questions

Post by BelalK » Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:57 pm

Hi,

This is my first post, I apologize if its in the wrong section. I would like to ask some questions regarding a spouse visa.

1. I have changed jobs this year so would I have to wait until i have 6 months wage slips to apply? ( i started working March 2016 prior to this i was studying.

2. Once my wife's spouse visa is complete and she is in the UK how many holidays can she take per year?

I hope somebody will be kind enough to reply and help me please, as i am completely new to this and will be asking more questions in the near future.

Thanks

Belal.

KatieWills
Wales

Re: Applying for spouse visa help, plus some questions

Post by KatieWills » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:09 pm

1. You need to provide wage slips and bank statements for the 6 months before the visa application and these need to show an earning of £18,600 pa.

2. I dont think there is a limit on holidays, but you may be asked to explain long absences. Wait for someone with more experience to clarify.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/overview
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:25 pm

Only an absence of over 180 days needs to be declared.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:44 am

BelalK wrote: 1. I have changed jobs this year so would I have to wait until i have 6 months wage slips to apply? ( i started working March 2016 prior to this i was studying.
Hi BelalK,
I'd wait til you have 6 months of payslips. (If started in March you probably have that by now?) My husband was transferred by acquisition ("TUPE") from one employer to another within two months of an application and we therefore had to provide a year of proof instead. Check the details in the application form appendix/explanation (PDF), but it seems to me it's easier to not have to jump through extra hoops.
Good luck!

chickpea
United States of America

Post by chickpea » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:15 pm

chickpea wrote:
BelalK wrote: 1. I have changed jobs this year so would I have to wait until i have 6 months wage slips to apply? ( i started working March 2016 prior to this i was studying.
Hi BelalK,
I'd wait til you have 6 months of payslips. (If started in March you probably have that by now?) My husband was transferred by acquisition ("TUPE") from one employer to another within two months of an application and we therefore had to provide a year of proof instead. Check the details in the application form appendix/explanation (PDF), but it seems to me it's easier to not have to jump through extra hoops.
Good luck!
I'm just going to update this to say that for an initial application we were required to provide 12 months, but for extension 6 months. They may have changed the requirements, but I rather suspect you are better off submitting a year of payslips for the initial visa application. Just my opinion, based on our experience.

BelalK
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Processing Time from Lahore

Post by BelalK » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:23 pm

Good Evening,

I would like to know how will a Spouse visa take from Lahore, I am looking to apply by Feb 25th. I am looking to go to Pakistan in April for 3 weeks. Is it possible it will be successful by then?

Belal

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Processing Time from Lahore

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:39 pm

Please refrain from posting your questions in the Tier 1 General forum. It is not relevant to a spouse visa.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-tie ... ral-visas/

Please also keep all your questions on the same application in THIS topic.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/announ ... t5722.html

If you want to get an idea of timelines, see the link below which is NOT for posting questions.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 1-160.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.