ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - What to send?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mameli2007
Newly Registered

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - What to send?

Post by mameli2007 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:22 am

Hi everyone,
I am in the process of applying for a document certifying permanent residence.
I am Italian and I have been living and working in the UK since 1997.
I have gathered all the original documents that they asked me to provide and I am about to send the lot.
However, I read somewhere in an old forum that people were sending copies of every single document as well as the originals, but I cannot see that request written anywhere on the form.
Is that still the case? I would obviously prefer to just send the original as it would be much more expensive if I had to photocopy everything (costing me double!)
Many thanks,
Marco

noajthan

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - What to s

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:24 am

Originals only. Translated if not in English or Welsh.

(Is there a Welsh enclave hidden away in the mountains of Italy? :wink: )
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ohara
Diamond Member

Post by ohara » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:13 am

The Home Office has a budget of £10,700,000,000 per year - they will almost certainly own a photocopier or two.

There's no need to send your own copies of your documents. I can't understand why people do this or where they have read that they need to. I read all of the guidance very thoroughly and nothing even suggests it.

HO want to see originals only. They will take copies of everything you send them (any letters will be retained as they assume you don't want them back).

mameli2007
Newly Registered

Post by mameli2007 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:04 am

ohara wrote:The Home Office has a budget of £10,700,000,000 per year - they will almost certainly own a photocopier or two.

There's no need to send your own copies of your documents. I can't understand why people do this or where they have read that they need to. I read all of the guidance very thoroughly and nothing even suggests it.

HO want to see originals only. They will take copies of everything you send them (any letters will be retained as they assume you don't want them back).
Thank you Ohara,
one more question for you. I've sent my documents to HO last Saturday. Since then, I found more proofs (like payslips for the past 5 years) which I had not included as I could not find them at the time. What do I do now? Shall I send them to the same address or called them up and ask for a file number so that they know, when they receive them, what they should go with? Thanks

Lyuda_16
Newly Registered

Post by Lyuda_16 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:40 pm

mameli2007 wrote:
ohara wrote:The Home Office has a budget of £10,700,000,000 per year - they will almost certainly own a photocopier or two.

Thank you Ohara,
one more question for you. I've sent my documents to HO last Saturday. Since then, I found more proofs (like payslips for the past 5 years) which I had not included as I could not find them at the time. What do I do now? Shall I send them to the same address or called them up and ask for a file number so that they know, when they receive them, what they should go with? Thanks

Post them with explanation letter to the same address.

Robbina
Newly Registered

Post by Robbina » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:18 pm

mameli2007 wrote:Hi everyone,
I am in the process of applying for a document certifying permanent residence.
I am Italian and I have been living and working in the UK since 1997.
I have gathered all the original documents that they asked me to provide and I am about to send the lot.
However, I read somewhere in an old forum that people were sending copies of every single document as well as the originals, but I cannot see that request written anywhere on the form.
Is that still the case? I would obviously prefer to just send the original as it would be much more expensive if I had to photocopy everything (costing me double!)
Many thanks,
Marco
Hi Marco,
did you listed all the trips out of the UK from 1997 to date in your application?

Thanks.