ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requirements for job offer

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Steve222
Newly Registered

Requirements for job offer

Post by Steve222 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:23 pm

Hi everyone

I was lucky enough to receive a job offer for 25000 (pro rata) pounds from a reputable tertiary institution for a fixed term of 9 months.

I guess my question is, does this qualify me under the financial obligations for my wife and two kids? As far as I can see, I needed 24000 so it is over but does the fixed term length impact that?

Also, I'm not going to receive the contract for another week or two, so is the formal offer over email acceptable? It has the salary amount on it and start date, or do i need to ask them to email me the offer on their organisations letterhead?

Thanks.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Requirements for job offer

Post by Wanderer » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:36 pm

Steve222 wrote:Hi everyone

I was lucky enough to receive a job offer for 25000 (pro rata) pounds from a reputable tertiary institution for a fixed term of 9 months.

I guess my question is, does this qualify me under the financial obligations for my wife and two kids? As far as I can see, I needed 24000 so it is over but does the fixed term length impact that?

Also, I'm not going to receive the contract for another week or two, so is the formal offer over email acceptable? It has the salary amount on it and start date, or do i need to ask them to email me the offer on their organisations letterhead?

Thanks.
You have to have earned £1550 a month for six months, an offer alone is not enough, assuming u are in UK.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Steve222
Newly Registered

Post by Steve222 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:37 pm

Sorry, should have said I'm outside the UK and have been earning a decent salary here for the last six months.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:04 pm

Maybe you are talking about saving but these needs to be £62500 being maintained from the last 6 months.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.