ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship – A Few Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JJB123
Newly Registered

British Citizenship – A Few Questions

Post by JJB123 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:16 pm

Hello, I am writing thing query for my cousin. I am thankful for the advise in advance. She is here on ILR for the last 6 years, she is not an EU citizen. Her daughter is 14 now and also on ILR . Can she register her daughter for BC and passport, without applying for herself. How much background checks HO conducts about parents ILR etc. before issuing BC to children and time scale please. Thank you!!!

noajthan

Re: British Citizenship – A Few Questions

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:25 pm

JJB123 wrote:Hello, I am writing thing query for my cousin. I am thankful for the advise in advance. She is here on ILR for the last 6 years, she is not an EU citizen. Her daughter is 14 now and also on ILR . Can she register her daughter for BC and passport, without applying for herself. How much background checks HO conducts about parents ILR etc. before issuing BC to children and time scale please. Thank you!!!
If child was born abroad then no - mom has to be naturalising at or before time child is registered.

BC is not simply issued; a section 3(1) case such as this is at Home Secretary's discretion.
A child aged over 10 undergoes same rigorous good character test as an adult.

Start here:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... r_2015.pdf
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

JJB123
Newly Registered

Post by JJB123 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi Thank you for the reply, yes my cousin's daughter is UK born. My cousin is on ILR as well but she wants to keep her nationality and passport her country of origin does not offer dual citizenship. I was thinking parents can apply for children, as long as they are on ILR. Kindly clarify.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:00 am

In that case its a 1(3) application and an entitlement, not 3(1) at discretion, and it can go ahead as mom has ILR.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.