ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return as visitor after Tier 5 expires

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akio
Newly Registered

Return as visitor after Tier 5 expires

Post by akio » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:40 pm

Hi guys! I am wondering if I could go back to UK after 1 month of my previous tier 5 expire. My tier 5 was expired on 14th August. I am planning to go back on 12th September. I really want to go back to England to travel with my friends, relatives, moving my clothes back to Hong Kong, close my bank account. I only brought a return ticket from England to Hong Kong, which means I have not brought a ticket back to Hong Kong. This is because I am not sure when I will back to Hong Kong. I am a registered health professional in Uk and have enough money for a year in UK. My friends are willing to host me. I also have a good character letter from my previous employer.

Do you guys think that I will be reject to go back?
Anything I could do to increase the chance to enter?
If unluckily I was rejected, will the immigration pay for the ticket to go back?

Casa

Re: Return as visitor after Tier 5 expires

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:18 pm

A slim to zero chance of being granted a visitor visa so soon after the expiry of your Tier 5 visa. The ECO is likely to consider you had plenty of time to do everything you wanted to do, while in the UK under Tier 5.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

akio
Newly Registered

Post by akio » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:55 pm

Casa wrote:A slim to zero chance of being granted a visitor visa so soon after the expiry of your Tier 5 visa. The ECO is likely to consider you had plenty of time to do everything you wanted to do, while in the UK under Tier 5.
Actually I dont have much time as most of the time I was doing my placement (full time) and study for the registration exam. Could I use this reason to go back?

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:01 pm

No guarantee, but you can give it a shot. Your greatest challenge will be to submit evidence of strong ties to your home country to convince the ECO you won't overstay. How will you do that?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:43 pm

You are unlikely to re-admitted so soon after your Tier 5 YMS expiry. The reasons you state are neither compelling nor significant to warrant your return to the UK so soon after the expiry. Expect to be refused and returned home. If you do not have a return ticket that in itself will be an indication of your intent to stay. If you are returned at the UK taxpayers expense expect a 10 year re-entry ban on top of it too.

Suggest you think very carefully about your planned return.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:50 pm

Also in addition to Frontier Mole's spot on advice, on reading your opening post again I note that you've referred to having enough money to survive in the UK for 1 year. There is no visitor visa that permits a stay of 12 months. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:58 pm

akio wrote:Hi guys! I am wondering if I could go back to UK after 1 month of my previous tier 5 expire. My tier 5 was expired on 14th August. I am planning to go back on 12th September. I really want to go back to England to travel with my friends, relatives, moving my clothes back to Hong Kong, close my bank account. I only brought a return ticket from England to Hong Kong, which means I have not brought a ticket back to Hong Kong. This is because I am not sure when I will back to Hong Kong. I am a registered health professional in Uk and have enough money for a year in UK. My friends are willing to host me. I also have a good character letter from my previous employer.

Do you guys think that I will be reject to go back?
Anything I could do to increase the chance to enter?
If unluckily I was rejected, will the immigration pay for the ticket to go back?
Get real - would we (taxpayers) pay do you mean. (Where do you think 'immigration' gets their money from).

You can't work on a visit visa.

And it doesn't take a year to pack up a few clothes. Just send them to a charity shop.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

akio
Newly Registered

Post by akio » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:26 am

Thank you for all the reply.
Actually, I am planning to stay about 3 months only. I just want to see my friends and family before I start working in my country.

I have prepared the bank statement which shows I could support my life for at least 3 months without working. Anything I could do to increase my chance to get in? If I say I am a health professional in uk, will it help? Because I doubt anyone will risk their license by breaking local law. Also, could I make an agreement that I will go back on a specific day with the officer? (I read somewhere that it is called a landing code? not quite sure)

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:05 am

You are clutching at straws.

There is nothing you can say or do that will enhance your chances of entering the UK so soon after expiry of a two year visa that allowed you complete freedom in the UK. As a health professional you will ring even more alarm bells.... That industry is rife with illegal working abuse.

Think very carefully about the consequences of a refusal and return to your home country. It will prevent travel to a whole range of countries thereafter as you have to declare the refusal and return in any future visa applications.

Be sensible, pack up go home, start your career and maybe next year come back for an extended holiday.

akio
Newly Registered

Post by akio » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:51 pm

If I said want to see my gf before I go back to work, will it sound better? :(

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:56 pm

akio wrote:If I said want to see my gf before I go back to work, will it sound better? :(
Even less chance. A girlfriend in the UK will flag up as a high risk overstay!
(Casa, not CR001)

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:26 am

As I have said before, there is nothing you can say that will overcome the issue - you are attempting to return on a visitors visa to the UK after a two year stay under T5 a few weeks after the expiry of the T5 visa. There is absolutely no excuse for your return that is credible or viable.
If you wish to test the issue before you travel apply for a visitors visa in your home country. If it gets granted then you can travel reasonably safe in the knowledge you MIGHT stress might be allowed back in the UK when you land.

akio
Newly Registered

Post by akio » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:55 pm

Hi guys. Just want to let you know that I have come back to UK for a month a week. Basically you need to satisfy the immigration officer that you are not going to overstay.

Here is my brief visa history: 4 years student visa+ 1 year Tier 5 for placement.
I came back last week since my Tier 5 expires on 14th August, which means less than 1 month time outside UK.

I have prepared some documents: UK bank statement, return tickets, good personality letter, registration exam in Dec in my country. But only return ticket was shown that day.

The officer didn’t ask me many questions, basically you need to ans they why you come back, whats your plan. If you can ans these questions confidently, you will be fine (Maybe the officer just too nice to me, doesnt want me to fly back right away :) )
And just to remind you guys, normally visitor visa could only be applied if you have stay outside UK for 6 months. I get this ans in the counter.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:23 pm

Bit confused, a one year T5. I thought you were on a T5 YMS which would have been for two years.

What kind of work placement were you on?

akio
Newly Registered

Post by akio » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:42 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Bit confused, a one year T5. I thought you were on a T5 YMS which would have been for two years.

What kind of work placement were you on?
No, mine is placement for one year

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:20 pm

Even more confused Tier 5 for a placement? What type of placement?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:58 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:Even more confused Tier 5 for a placement? What type of placement?
frontier Mole would assume OP on Tier 5 GAE.

vinny20
Newly Registered

Post by vinny20 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:00 am

akio wrote:Hi guys. Just want to let you know that I have come back to UK for a month a week. Basically you need to satisfy the immigration officer that you are not going to overstay.

Here is my brief visa history: 4 years student visa+ 1 year Tier 5 for placement.
I came back last week since my Tier 5 expires on 14th August, which means less than 1 month time outside UK.

I have prepared some documents: UK bank statement, return tickets, good personality letter, registration exam in Dec in my country. But only return ticket was shown that day.

The officer didn’t ask me many questions, basically you need to ans they why you come back, whats your plan. If you can ans these questions confidently, you will be fine (Maybe the officer just too nice to me, doesnt want me to fly back right away :) )
And just to remind you guys, normally visitor visa could only be applied if you have stay outside UK for 6 months. I get this ans in the counter.
Im in a similar position. My Tier 2 visa was refused and I want to apply for a visitor visa but worried about refusal. Could you please clarify what reason you gave to come back for a visit?