ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Application Date - Can I leave it to the last mintue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lisajm29
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Application Date - Can I leave it to the last mintue

Post by lisajm29 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:37 pm

Hello, I've been scrolling through many pages and I can't find an answer to what I am looking for so I am hoping someone could kindly help me with advice.

I am currently in the UK on a Tier 5 Youth Mob Visa (2-year). I am applying for FLR (M) to stay here with my British Citizen Partner.

My timeline is as followed:

I arrived in the UK on the 7th of Feb 2015 and on the same day moved in with my partner for the first time in our relationship.

My Tier 5 Youth Mob Visa is valid from the 10th of Feb 2015 to 10th Feb 2017.

So to prove the living together for two years (to the day) can only happen in the small window between the 7th of Feb and the expiry of my current Visa on the 10th of Feb.

As this window is so small I was wondering if it is to risky to hit the Submit button of my application on the 8th of Feb 2017 - two days out from my current Visa expiring.

At this stage I have all my documents together and ready to go its just that technical thing of not being bang on (and across the line) of official living together for the full two years as required.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Lisa

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) Application Date - Can I leave it to the last min

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:51 pm

You can apply at any point up to and including the date your visa expires.

Apply in person if you want a same day decision (costs £500 extra but worth it). Don't forget to pay the immigration health surcharge of £500.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.