ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) application requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

saudbs

FLR(M) application requirements

Post by saudbs » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:51 am

Hello

It will be greatly appreciated if someone can help me with FLRm application form.

I need to extend spouse visa of my wife. Can someone please let me know

-the supporting documents I will need to attach with application.

-Is there any English language requirement for FLR(M)? if yes, then which test? and where can she prepare for this test?

-Can we apply two or three month before current visa expires or it has to be 28 days before the expiry date of current visa?

Regards,
A

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR(M) application requirements

Post by CR001 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:54 pm

saudbs wrote:Hello

It will be greatly appreciated if someone can help me with FLRm application form.

I need to extend spouse visa of my wife. Can someone please let me know

-the supporting documents I will need to attach with application. Read the form and guidance notes. It tells you what is required (payslips, bank statements, proof of cohabitation etc).

-Is there any English language requirement for FLR(M)? if yes, then which test? and where can she prepare for this test? Yes, A1 level if applying before May 2017. https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests

-Can we apply two or three month before current visa expires or it has to be 28 days before the expiry date of current visa? What is the current visa issue date and what date did your spouse arrive in the UK on the spouse visa?

Regards,
A
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saudbs

Post by saudbs » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:39 pm

She got tier 1(general) partner visa on 31/7/2012, then she moved onto Spouse/Partner leave to remain visa on 26/2/2013 which was issued till 25/2/2015. Then we applied for extension and now spouse visa will expire on 26/3/2017. We still need to get spouse visa extension to complete five years.

Also if she go for B1, will that be acceptable for FLRM?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:21 am

On what date did she submit and apply for her application for Tier 1 G dependent visa?

On what basis did you get ILR, 5 years Tier 1?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

saudbs

Post by saudbs » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:46 am

CR001 wrote:On what date did she submit and apply for her application for Tier 1 G dependent visa?
Tier 1 dependent application was submitted on 22/7/12.

She passed IELTS exam which is expired now, can we use last application as English language requirement for FLR(M)?
CR001 wrote:On what basis did you get ILR, 5 years Tier 1?
Yes, HSMP.

saudbs

Post by saudbs » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:25 pm

Hello

Can anyone please advise on below points?

- "Can we apply two or three month before current visa expires or it has to be 28 days before the expiry date of current visa?"

- When we extended spouse visa last time in 2015(Third time), my wife did not pass A1 exam, we just used previous application to meet english language requirements(which was IELTS at first application, expired now). Can we use last application to meet English language requirement again this year? or A1 is compulsory now doesn't matter how you got your visa in first place?

Regards,
A

saudbs

Post by saudbs » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:02 pm

Hello Everyone

Can anyone please let us know if we can apply 2-3 months before visa expires?

Regards,
A

saudbs

Post by saudbs » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:01 pm

Hello Everyone

I hope, people are back from holidays. Can anyone please let us know if we can apply for extension 2 months before visa expires? or 28 days is a rule?

Regards,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:18 pm

You can apply early as long as you don't end up with a shortfall for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:23 pm

saudbs wrote:Hello

Can anyone please advise on below points?

- "Can we apply two or three month before current visa expires or it has to be 28 days before the expiry date of current visa?"

- When we extended spouse visa last time in 2015(Third time), my wife did not pass A1 exam, we just used previous application to meet english language requirements(which was IELTS at first application, expired now). Can we use last application to meet English language requirement again this year? or A1 is compulsory now doesn't matter how you got your visa in first place?

Regards,
A
I am not an expert but hope this helps.
my wife passed her IELTS in 2013 and used that to get entry clearance visa.
now in 2016 we applied for FLRm and we used that three years old certificate. it has been accepted. Fine . no problem..
BUT PLEASE NOTE WELL. I think you cant use old certificate if you change the route or immigration process for example if you are on PB then change to spouse route etc...
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014