ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR document application questions EEU

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ma1306
Newly Registered

PR document application questions EEU

Post by ma1306 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:29 pm

Hi everyone,

So I've been in the UK since 2010, attending high school and now university. As EU8 nationals my father is WRS registered(arrived in 2003 but registered in 2007) and I am applying as a dependent child which makes him my sponsor.

I've started filling out the paper application form but I have a few questions.

Just to clear things up I am applying for citizenship but need to get my PR document first.

1, When they ask for "name as shown in passport" does it mean my last name should be followed by my first name?

2, How long does it usually take to get my passport back? Right now my passport is the ONLY identification I have, other than my birth certificate.

3, I passed the life in the UK test and have a Higher in ESOL, which I was told is sufficient. If my father were to apply with me for PR documents only(NOT citizenship), would he be required to sit the life in the UK test, as well?

4, Between school terms, as a dependent 15-16-17 year old child, how do I prove that I was present in UK? My parents have been working full time since the day they arrived. Would their/our tenancy agreements and paychecks be sufficient? On the other side, how could anyone prove that I was not present?

5, What is home office number? My father has a WRS registration/reference number, is that his home office number?

6, I am 21 years old now. There are two options on the form:

I am or have been the descendant (child or grandchild) aged under 21 of the sponsor, or of the sponsor’s spouse or civil partner.
Complete section 12.

I am or have been the dependent child or grandchild aged 21 or over, parent, or grandparent of the sponsor (or of the sponsor’s spouse or civil partner).
Complete section 13.

I am not 100% sure whether I should go with the former or the latter. As I was under 21 years old during my qualifying period, I suppose I should tick the former? Is that correct?

Thank you,
Mercedes

noajthan

Re: PR document application questions EEU

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:35 pm

ma1306 wrote:Hi everyone,

So I've been in the UK since 2010, attending high school and now university. As EU8 nationals my father is WRS registered(arrived in 2003 but registered in 2007) and I am applying as a dependent child which makes him my sponsor.

Just to clear things up I am applying for citizenship but need to get my PR document first.

1, When they ask for "name as shown in passport" does it mean my last name should be followed by my first name?

2, How long does it usually take to get my passport back? Right now my passport is the ONLY identification I have, other than my birth certificate.

3, I passed the life in the UK test and have a Higher in ESOL, which I was told is sufficient. If my father were to apply with me for PR documents only(NOT citizenship), would he be required to sit the life in the UK test, as well?

4, Between school terms, as a dependent 15-16-17 year old child, how do I prove that I was present in UK? My parents have been working full time since the day they arrived. Would their/our tenancy agreements and paychecks be sufficient? On the other side, how could anyone prove that I was not present?

5, What is home office number? My father has a WRS registration/reference number, is that his home office number?

I am or have been the descendant (child or grandchild) aged under 21 of the sponsor, or of the sponsor’s spouse or civil partner.
Complete section 12.

I am or have been the dependent child or grandchild aged 21 or over, parent, or grandparent of the sponsor (or of the sponsor’s spouse or civil partner).
Complete section 13.

I am not 100% sure whether I should go with the former or the latter. As I was under 21 years old during my qualifying period, I suppose I should tick the former? Is that correct?

Thank you,
Mercedes
Not clear what this means:
As EU8 nationals my father is WRS registered(arrived in 2003 but registered in 2007)
Was father registered fully and properly (for his first 12 months of work in UK) or not? including any job/employer changes.
- if not it could be problematic.

1) Copy name just as shown in passport. Literally - copy it.

2) UK HO are not Philistines. Apply via council doc checking service and keep hold of passport.

3) There is no English or LITUK requirement for DCPR.

:idea: Check validity of that ESOL against latest proof of English requirement for naturalisation.

4) See guidance for types of documentation.
Up to you to prove you were present.

5) No, don't think so.
Any reference id on any letters from HO?

6) Think of it as an English test for EU applicants :wink:

Yes, option 1.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ma1306
Newly Registered

Post by ma1306 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:16 pm

noajthan wrote:
ma1306 wrote:Hi everyone,

Complete section 12.

Complete section 13.

Thank you,
Mercedes
Not clear what this means:
As EU8 nationals my father is WRS registered(arrived in 2003 but registered in 2007)
Was father registered fully and properly (for his first 12 months of work in UK) or not? including any job/employer changes.
- if not it could be problematic.

1) Copy name just as shown in passport. Literally - copy it.

2) UK HO are not Philistines. Apply via council doc checking service and keep hold of passport.

3) There is no English or LITUK requirement for DCPR.

:idea: Check validity of that ESOL against latest proof of English requirement for naturalisation.

4) See guidance for types of documentation.
Up to you to prove you were present.

5) No, don't think so.
Any reference id on any letters from HO?

6) Think of it as an English test for EU applicants :wink:

Yes, option 1.

By EU8 I meant workers from Accession8/A8 countries. Sorry, my mistake.
Yes, I just double checked it with my father. He actually arrived in December 2004, started working straight away but DID NOT register with HO at that time. He had a temporary job for about a month before starting his permanent job at a big, private company on 10/02/05. He worked for that company for more than 10 years.
Now, he registered on 13/06/2007, fully and properly as you said(WRS). I just had a look at the letter(WRS registration certificate) that my father received from HO, back in 2007. The letter confirms that he is a registered worker in the UK and states that the start date of his registered employment is 10/02/2005. So basically the letter is a confirmation of him being WRS registered since 2005. There is also a Unique Reference Number on the letter/certificate, which I assume is his HO number? However, there is also a work card serial number which is different from the ref. number.

I was going to apply via council document checking service but I was told(not by Council) document checking is only available for citizenship applications and NOT for PR document applications. This doesn't sound fair, though. As I only possess one official ID, sending it off for X amount of time is slightly worrying.

My father is going to apply along with me, I've read on this website that DCPR applications for family members usually take way longer than for "normal" applications. By normal application I mean people like my father, applying alone. As for family members, myself applying sponsored by my father. As we are applying together what is the usual timeframe? I've heard it could be anywhere between 1-4 months.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:30 pm

So father was a late register but then was registered.
He should be fortunate and be accepted.
Other members have reported this type of experience.
(However, if he had had a gap between jobs his PR clock would not have been running).

Timeline 4 or 6 months+
Time should be similar for 2 EU applicants.
Anyway it is what it is, a waiting game.

Its not NCS you need - its a new and different EEA document checking service; only offered by certain councils.
(If I had meant NCS I would have said NCS).

See http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 17519.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ma1306
Newly Registered

Post by ma1306 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:28 pm

noajthan wrote:So father was a late register but then was registered.
He should be fortunate and be accepted.
Other members have reported this type of experience.
(However, if he had had a gap between jobs his PR clock would not have been running).

Timeline 4 or 6 months+
Time should be similar for 2 EU applicants.
Anyway it is what it is, a waiting game.

Its not NCS you need - its a new and different EEA document checking service; only offered by certain councils.
(If I had meant NCS I would have said NCS).

See http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 17519.html
There were no gaps. However, he had a temporary job from 07/12/2004 until 08/02/2005, there was no signed contract, only received payslips and is not shown on his WRS certificate. I highly doubt that this employer registered him at all. I believe those 2 months would count as "working without a permit" and should be given details of in section 9 of the application form. My question is, would this be enough for HO to reject our applications?

Thank you :)