ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax for Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Smad890

Tax for Spouse Visa

Post by Smad890 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:02 pm

Hi All,

Can HO refuse visa if employer dont pay the full tax(PAYE)?
The taxes have been deducted from salaries but i have heard if the employer has not paid to hmrc then HO can refuse it. Is this right?

Thanks in advance for all the replies.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Tax for Spouse Visa

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:15 pm

A bonafide employer will always pay employees taxes regularly and I guess HO usually carry out its investigation over the authenticity of an employer if finds anything suspicion.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Smad890

Post by Smad890 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:46 pm

Thanks. I have checked with HMRC and they said employer has paid taxes but there were some underpayments. Will that effect my application for spouse visa?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:54 pm

While working for an employer many times tax underpayments happen especially where the tax code changes during a tax year which in my point of view should not affect the application because usually HMRC write to the tax payer that how much is the outstanding tax which usually be starts deducted automatically from following tax year.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Smad890

Post by Smad890 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:04 pm

No they said there is an underpayment by employer not by employee. Employers hasnt paid correct paye.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:10 am

Unless it's not deliberately done by employer then as i explained earlier that most often it happens due to change of tax code/circumstances. You can request your employment history and even can ask HMRC to give you in writing the time from when the tax underpayments has been arising.