ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

navhonda84
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Extension

Post by navhonda84 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:29 pm

Hi,

My wife's spouse visa is about run out and need to apply for an extension in Jan 2017.
My question is can she sponsor herself for the visa, i.e the financial side of things. She earns just over the required amount, 20K. As i am self employed i don't have a payslip of such. So can she sponsor herself for the visa.
When we applied the first time, I was a full time employee but since this April i am self employed.

Could anyone help.

Casa

Re: FLR(M) Extension

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:42 pm

navhonda84 wrote:Hi,

My wife's spouse visa is about run out and need to apply for an extension in Jan 2017.
My question is can she sponsor herself for the visa, i.e the financial side of things. She earns just over the required amount, 20K. As i am self employed i don't have a payslip of such. So can she sponsor herself for the visa.
When we applied the first time, I was a full time employee but since this April i am self employed.

Could anyone help.
No problem. Your wife can qualify with her income alone. She needs to submit 6 months payslips with 6 months corresponding bank statements, with the most recent being no older than 28 days on the date she submits the application.

She will also have to pay the £500 NHS surcharge in addition to the visa fee.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

navhonda84
Newly Registered

Post by navhonda84 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:47 pm

Casa wrote:

Could anyone help.
No problem. Your wife can qualify with her income alone. She needs to submit 6 months payslips with 6 months corresponding bank statements, with the most recent being no older than 28 days on the date she submits the application.

cheers for the quick response bud.. thats one thing off my mind..
With regards to document list, the below should suffice, right:

Rent house agreement (both names, i.e mine and hers)
Council tax bill (both names)
water bill (both names)
Gas and electricity( both names)
payslip (6 months)
bank statement (6 months)
employer letter from my wifes employer
marriage certificate (indian)
NARIC cert
do i need to include our child's birth cert..??
anything else you can think off..

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:53 pm

navhonda84 wrote:
Casa wrote:

Could anyone help.

cheers for the quick response bud.. thats one thing off my mind..

water bill (both names)
payslip (6 months)
NARIC cert
do i need to include our child's birth cert..?? NO
You need 6 pieces of correspondence/bills etc in joint names spread as evenly as possible over the 2.5 year period
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

navhonda84
Newly Registered

Post by navhonda84 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:59 pm

navhonda84 wrote:
Casa wrote:cheers for the quick response bud.. thats one thing off my mind..

water bill (both names)
payslip (6 months)
NARIC cert
do i need to include our child's birth cert..?? NO
You need 6 pieces of correspondence/bills etc in joint names spread as evenly as possible over the 2.5 year period

joint bank statement from over last 2.5 years..??? it hasnt got much money in it... but we opened it when she got here... will that doo..??

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:10 pm

Yes. Balance is irrelevant

The proof of joint address should be from at least 3 different sources. You say that you already have the following:
water bill (both names)

A general guide is one document every 4-5 months or so throughout the 2.5 year period.
(Casa, not CR001)

navhonda84
Newly Registered

Post by navhonda84 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:13 pm

Casa wrote:Yes. Balance is irrelevant

The proof of joint address should be from at least 3 different sources. You say that you already have the following:
water bill (both names)

A general guide is one document every 4-5 months or so throughout the 2.5 year period.
shoot... cant give them that.. we only moved out this april.. used to live at the parents... we only have joint council tax, water and gas/electricity from April this year.
There is always that one thing that gets me at the end..

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:19 pm

Anything you've kept hold of showing the name/names, address and date will be accepted.

If you don't have 6 in double names you can submit 12 in single names.

Also include a letter explaining that you were living with parents.
(Casa, not CR001)

navhonda84
Newly Registered

Post by navhonda84 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:37 pm

Casa wrote:Anything you've kept hold of showing the name/names, address and date will be accepted.

If you don't have 6 in double names you can submit 12 in single names.

Also include a letter explaining that you were living with parents.
that will take some doing.. but can be done.. thanks for your input Casa... much appreciated

navhonda84
Newly Registered

Post by navhonda84 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:00 pm

If I were to apply this from my parents house...what other documents would i need in addition to the ones below..

Gas and electricity(wifes names only - since last 2.5 years)
wifes payslip (6 months)
wifes bank statement (6 months + another 12 statements)
NARIC cert
Joint Bank statement for 2.5 years (12 statements)
My personal bank statement for 2.5 years (12 statements)
letter from Parents saying we stay there since she came to this country...
housing report.. do i need this??

navhonda84
Newly Registered

Post by navhonda84 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:01 pm

Does anyone has anymore information, if we were to apply from Parents house..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:07 pm

Submit what you have from ALL address then for the 2 years, x time at parents and y time in your own place. It isn't complicated.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:10 pm

If you're considering an attempt to convince the Case Worker that you have continued to live with your parents, I suggest you have a re-think.

You're registered for Council tax at your current address which will be apparent when checks are carried out. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

navhonda84
Newly Registered

Post by navhonda84 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:39 pm

Casa wrote:If you're considering an attempt to convince the Case Worker that you have continued to live with your parents, I suggest you have a re-think.

You're registered for Council tax at your current address which will be apparent when checks are carried out. :idea:
we still have not changed our bank address to the new address. thats the issue... its still at my parents house... thats the main issue...

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:46 pm

navhonda84 wrote:
Casa wrote:If you're considering an attempt to convince the Case Worker that you have continued to live with your parents, I suggest you have a re-think.

we still have not changed our bank address to the new address. thats the issue... its still at my parents house... thats the main issue...
....but you're registered with the Council as living at your current address for Council Tax. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)

navhonda84
Newly Registered

Post by navhonda84 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:34 am

so most probably this application will ring all the alarm bells when it gets there with this address issue..

navhonda84
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) Extension; Issues with Online application

Post by navhonda84 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:16 pm

Has anyone had issues filling online application form. I have filled my application online and stopped at the payment page. I went back to it the next day and i cant edit my application anymore..

In contact with immigration tech via email, but that is just taking soo long to get any sort of reply. cant even find the delete button for this application..

Has anyone had this issue before... any work around..?

mednett
Newly Registered

Post by mednett » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:22 pm

navhonda84 wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:01 pm
Does anyone has anymore information, if we were to apply from Parents house..
yes better give don't risk yourself. I have contacted Rubbish Company on line and measured the house ourself and given information. they have send document online and post.Pound 50.
my yesterdays experience
17January 2018
A lot informative was this site for us. So I thought post with latest experience, would be helpful for others.
Appointment was at 12Noon reached 11.30Am
1-On arrival:
On the Gate security staff asked for an appointment letter, They need Reference Number only. That will be on conformation email not other reference numbers like payment etc. If not you can find on email during slot selection. you will find reference number on reminder email received on 2 days before appointment.
Security officer accompanied till the processing area reception.
2-At Reception:
You only reach exactly 10 minute before appoint means 11.50 . We came bit early and asked to sit in the cafeteria till 11.50Am.
3.At Reception:
we reached reception counter 1,2,3,4 around 12.15 our turn came and asked appointment letter and passport only. given token Numbers usually 3 digit attached with the stages of processing.Then again been sent to cafeteria.
4.you can see different pages on display monitor every corner of the cafeteria.
5.Know about Display monitor:
Display monitor is explained as page 1(there is no 1,2,3,4 pages written) assume 1 shows those who registered in the reception . 2. shows application submitted, 3.Retake of Biometric print. 4 shows Documents submitted for Case worker 5 Shows Document taken by case worker and finally 6.Shows ready for collection. Only this page has foot note that is written as 'waiting document'. So you have to count from this page as last page.
6.Document submission:
Around 1.30 they have called for specific counter. He took application form. (Important information) I have applied online and printed online form but so many questions lead to you in confusion. So I abandoned that form and filled manual one. The advantage is you can print and edit any time before submission. On the counter he has given a clear envelop to push all document and copies in. I have place as follows
1.Personal documents original and Copy
2.Financial Doc Original and copy
3.Cohabitation Document original and copy
5.English Language Original and copy
6.Accommodation original and copy
7.Relation ship with Children Original and copy
8.Other documents Original and copy
Actually they don't care but we have to care
Make a list:Don't forget make a list of all originals in order and check while you get back. Place a copy with submission and retain a copy with you.
From there you will be given all documents and passports inserted pack to BRP area. wait until called. After BRP back to cafeteria.
9.After an hour my number shows on board with 3rd page and called for counter no 42-44(these counters are for delivery)
They need to take my BRP and signature Again.
Again back to cafeteria. waited until 5.45 by the time I was watching my number jumped to each page and finally 'waiting document' page.
Received with decision.
But many applicant were called many times for clarification again and again.
Conclusion:
1.Important is, here I have explained how to understand the monitor. .
2.Online application print and Manual application: This issue were not answered any where. I have googled a lot.This information is correct as on 17 January 2018, please search if they have changed afterwards.

mednett
Newly Registered

Post by mednett » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:25 pm

it is automatically turned rubbish company I put the name of the company but immigrationboards turned it into rubbish company

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:26 pm

mednett wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:22 pm
yes better give don't risk yourself. I have contacted Rubbish Company on line and measured the house ourself and given information. they have send document online and post.Pound 50.
Kindly read the forum rules regarding posting of company information/details. The company name you have posted (which I can see) is listed as spam/spammer so no one on the forum will be able to see who you are referring to.

Also rude to tag your experience onto other members topics. You should posted your success in your own new topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mednett
Newly Registered

Post by mednett » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:33 pm

The truth remains truth. I have just shared the information for others. You could remove the company name but don't call as rubbish company. Once it is accepted by the Home office then ?.
I have tried to post my own but system denied. The rude is calling rubbish

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:49 pm

mednett wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:33 pm
The truth remains truth. I have just shared the information for others. You could remove the company name but don't call as rubbish company. Once it is accepted by the Home office then ?.
I have tried to post my own but system denied. The rude is calling rubbish
The company you quoted have spammed our forum in the past advertising their business. This is NOT permitted on the forum. Kindly desist from posting about this. Not sure why you are getting so defensive unless you are affiliated to this company :idea:

What do you mean you have 'tried to post my own but system denied'??? You simply click on 'New Topic' icon at the top of the sub forum page and post.
Char (CR001 not Casa)