ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Information

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zsk_747
Ireland

Zambrano Information

Post by zsk_747 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:47 pm

Hi Folks,

I am an Irish citizen. My wife is from Pakistan and currently she is in Ireland on family visit visa and she is expecting baby in March 2017.
My question is that once the baby will born, will automatic entitle for citizenship but what about my wife, can she change her status on behalf of the irish born child because as per law from 2015, If any child will be born in the state after 2015 then parents allow to change their status on the window by visiting immigartion office. Is my wife eligible for that because she has a only 3 months visit visa, which will be expire last week of March 2017 and onbehalf of visitor visa can she change the status or she must have a stamp 1,2 or 3.
Please give an information in relation to above query, if anyone has an experienced.

Obie
Ireland

Re: Zambrano Information

Post by Obie » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:13 pm

You and your wife can go to your local immigration and get an extension, provided her visa is still valid in the state.

You will need proof of residence though.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

zsk_747
Ireland

Re: Zambrano Information

Post by zsk_747 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Thanks obie
Just clear one thing, she is currently on visit visa not in stamp 1, 2 or 3. Still we can go to immigration office to extend the visa.
Will immigration officer not ask to me that she came here for visit visa not for change status ??