ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language Requirements for FLR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ibrahim22
Newly Registered

Language Requirements for FLR

Post by Ibrahim22 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:13 am

My wife has gone for the life skills test A1 and failed 5 times, I was wondering if there's any alternative way for her to come to the UK.

I am a British Citizen and I meet all the other requirements to bring her to the UK. We've been married for a year and half and my wife has been to the UK twice on a Visitor's Visa since our wedding. We have a 4 months old daughter who is currently living with her in Mauritius, my daughter was born in Mauritius and she's also been to the UK on a Visitor's Visa. I meet the financial requirements for both my wife and my daughter.

Thanks

vinny

Re: Language Requirements for FLR

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:25 am

Ibrahim22 wrote:My wife has gone for the life skills test A1 and failed 5 times, I was wondering if there's any alternative way for her to come to the UK.
As a spouse, not really any other way.

SS route may be difficult too.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Re: Language Requirements for FLR

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:20 am

Unless
E-ECP.4.1. wrote:(d) are exempt from the English language requirement under paragraph E-ECP.4.2.

E-ECP.4.2. The applicant is exempt from the English language requirement if at the date of application-

(a) the applicant is aged 65 or over;
(b) the applicant has a disability (physical or mental condition) which prevents the applicant from meeting the requirement; or
(c) there are exceptional circumstances which prevent the applicant from being able to meet the requirement prior to entry to the UK.
See also Chapter 08: appendix FM family members (immigration directorate instructions) > Appendix FM section 1.21: English language requirement
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.