ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second settlement visa - second marriage

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dontree_g
Newly Registered

Second settlement visa - second marriage

Post by dontree_g » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:49 am

Hi,

I am in the process of preparing documents for settlement visa application. This will be my second one (not related to the first one) and it is from my second marriage to a British Citizen.

Here is the short version of my background. I was married to a British national and came to the UK via settlement visa on April 2014. We separated since January 2016, I decided to quit my job in UK, return home to Thailand in April. The divorce was also registered at the end of April. My original post is here: http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigration-for-family-members/settlement-visa-second-marriage-t206019.html?hilit=divorce%20remarry#p1325882

My ex husband sent letter to HO to inform the breakdown and my visa was curtailed for June 2016. May 2016, I registered my second marriage in Thailand with my now husband who is also a British national.

I am now working and living in Thailand. From May - September 2016, my new husband had been living with me in Bangkok (whilst still working remotely for his UK company). He returned to the UK in October to find an appropriate accommodation so that we can start processing settlement visa application - his base salary meets the financial requirements.

I have never seen many people with this circumstance so I am concerned. My questions are;
1. What are the chances we have for the visa to be granted? Will the HO use my past visa application against my current application?
2. How much do I need to mention my past marriage. On my introdution letter I mentioned that I was granted a spousal visa before and that the marriage ended because things were not good due to my ex work stress and anxiety.
3. Is there any specific area I should emphasise on the documentations or introduction letter?

We do have good evidence of regular communications, financial support and both have met each others families. However, I am still very very worried due to my past immigration background so any thoughts or advice would be highly appreciated!!

Casa

Re: Second settlement visa - second marriage

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:13 am

It will be in your favour that you left the UK when your first marriage broke down.

Submit strong evidence of a genuine relationship as this is likely to be scrutinised closely and if you are able to do this, having been on a previous spouse visa shouldn't be a reason for refusal.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

dontree_g
Newly Registered

Post by dontree_g » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:13 am

Casa wrote:It will be in your favour that you left the UK when your first marriage broke down.

Submit strong evidence of a genuine relationship as this is likely to be scrutinised closely and if you are able to do this, having been on a previous spouse visa shouldn't be a reason for refusal.
Thank you so much Casa, it is nice to hear positive response. In the way, the evidence of genuine relationship is what I am worried about as I dont want to be submitting too much, nor too little. Here is what I have so far, do you think they should do?
- FB convo from January 2010 - September 2015 when were still friends and whatsapp convo screenshots
- Whatsapp call logs screenshots (4-5 a month)
- Screenshots of FB convo between me and his mum
- List of trips together along with photos, flight reservations and photos of me with his family and vice versa.
- Transferwise email stating transfer from my husband to my account which i think should match his bank statement
- Rental agreement for May-Oct 2016 with both our names
- Email communication with hotel in Thailand regarding wedding arrangement and receipt for deposit payment

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:07 pm

dontree_g wrote:
Casa wrote:It will be in your favour that you left the UK when your first marriage broke down.

Thank you so much Casa, it is nice to hear positive response. In the way, the evidence of genuine relationship is what I am worried about as I dont want to be submitting too much, nor too little. Here is what I have so far, do you think they should do?
- FB convo from January 2010 - September 2015 when were still friends and whatsapp convo screenshots
- Whatsapp call logs screenshots (4-5 a month)
- Screenshots of FB convo between me and his mum
- List of trips together along with photos, flight reservations and photos of me with his family and vice versa.
- Transferwise email stating transfer from my husband to my account which i think should match his bank statement
- Rental agreement for May-Oct 2016 with both our names
- Email communication with hotel in Thailand regarding wedding arrangement and receipt for deposit payment
Yes to all of the above.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.