ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage in Gibraltar, entry with Tier 4 student visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

frantii92
Newly Registered

Marriage in Gibraltar, entry with Tier 4 student visa

Post by frantii92 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:52 pm

I am Tier 4 Student Visa holder, the visa expires on 21/01/2017. And I am going to get into civil partnership with my Italian partner. We made a provisional booking in registry office in Gibraltar via wedding agancy on 11/01/2017. Everything was fine till the moment I got an email from agency on Friday:

See below email just received from the Registrar:
"Do they still want a civil partnership or will they be having a same sex marriage ? I need a visa for Mr Fxxxxxxx the permit that you have sent expires on 21/01/2017 and this would have not been sufficient as proof of address in the UK as he is a student."

Where on their guidance (Gibraltar.gov) is written the following:
(g) people who don't need aa visa. persons holding EU issued family permits, UK Residence Permits valid for a period of 12 months or more, UK Biometric Residence permits or a UK multiple entry visa issued for 6 months or more.

My visa is issued for more than one year.

I tried to explain to the agency that their government guidance states the opposit. If they need a confirmation of my U.K. Address I can provide a bank statement with the address on it. The agency said that there is a difference between entering Gibraltar and marriage in Gibraltar and the best solution for us to call to the registry office on Monday and discusss, when our tickets to Gibraltar on that day.

Please can anyone clarify the situation. According the their own immigration law I'm allowed to get married there and entry to the country.

I will be very grateful if anyone can help me!

noajthan

Re: Marriage in Gibraltar, entry with Tier 4 student visa

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:01 pm

It appears the Registrar is the person you need to satisfy:
E) RESIDENCE DOCUMENTATION
All persons must provide us with evidence that they are legally resident in their respective country. In the case of persons who reside in the UK a UK Residence Permit – if they reside in any other EU country a valid permit of residence.

(E) OTHER DOCUMENTATION
In addition to the above the Registrar may, at his sole discretion, ask for any other documents considered necessary.
http://www.gibraltar.gov.gi/new/marriag ... ships#CM_2
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

frantii92
Newly Registered

Post by frantii92 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:09 pm

noajthan wrote:It appears the Registrar is the person you need to satisfy:
All persons must provide us with evidence that they are legally resident in their respective country. In the case of persons who reside in the UK a UK Residence Permit – if they reside in any other EU country a valid permit of residence.

(E) OTHER DOCUMENTATION
In addition to the above the Registrar may, at his sole discretion, ask for any other documents considered necessary.

Thank you from your reply!

Does it mean that they want me to get a visa for Gibraltar or they want to see my address in the U.K.?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:18 pm

frantii92 wrote:
noajthan wrote:It appears the Registrar is the person you need to satisfy:

(E) OTHER DOCUMENTATION

Does it mean that they want me to get a visa for Gibraltar or they want to see my address in the U.K.?
Its not clear what the Registrar really wants as you seem to be going through an intermediary. Maybe both.
Suggest have a chat with her/him tomorrow.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

frantii92
Newly Registered

Post by frantii92 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:03 pm

noajthan wrote:Its not clear what the Registrar really wants as you seem to be going through an intermediary. Maybe both.
Suggest have a chat with her/him tomorrow.
Thank you for your quick reply!
Hopefully, everything is fine. As we already paid all expenditures concerned with our marriage.