ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Japanese national applying for TIER5 YMV

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dcdx89
Newly Registered

Japanese national applying for TIER5 YMV

Post by dcdx89 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:02 am

Hello and Happy New Year everyone.

I live in Japan with my partner and today she applied for the tier 5 YMV. there is a two day window open from today in which applicants email and if successful we will be notified later in the month on how to go further. At this stage only 800 applicants are chosen at random.

We are relying on this and despite being fully aware that there are no projections on figures of likely applicants etc. I just wondered if there are available figures to usually how many people apply for this visa. Is this quota normally filled?

When I applied for my WH visa to Japan, I was told the numbers are never exceeded, but unfortunately the fact applicants in Japan are chosen at random tells me that its quite popular.

Im hoping due to recent political events at home that this year the visa might not be so popular!

Thank you

David

Casa

Re: Japanese national applying for TIER5 YMV

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:22 pm

Assuming you mean 'Brexit' , why would this influence the number of YMS applications submitted in Japan? :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.