ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will Form T be rejected?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vinny

Re: Form T Evidence Issue

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:59 pm

Perhaps they could confirm that this is your first and only application for a passport? It may be helpful to show that it was impossible for you to have previously travelled.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:09 pm

Without British citizenship nor a British passport, you may have to apply for ILR before travelling. Else, how will you be able to enter the UK?

Moreover, after the grant of British citizenship, ILR would cease and therefore a waste of time/money.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

VOR
Newly Registered

Post by VOR » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:28 pm

vinny wrote:Without British citizenship nor a British passport, you may have to apply for ILR before travelling. This would be redundant and therefore a waste of time/money after the grant of British citizenship.
I thought that I would not be eligible to apply for ILR using Set LR as CR001 said
CR001 wrote:You need a valid visa and 10 years of valid visas to apply on Set(LR).
I received this advice here

Originally, I wanted to apply using the Set LR as they have a premium service which could ensure I travel in April

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:34 pm

Without British citizenship nor ILR, how do you plan to return to the UK on a foreign passport?

VOR
Newly Registered

Post by VOR » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:41 pm

Originally, I wanted to apply for LR but was told I was not eligible.. is this the case?

Subsequently, I decided to applying for citizenship using the JCAP scheme.. I am just hopeful that all will be sorted by April (wishful thinking).

It is a mandatory University trip to Spain as part of my course. Therefore, I am prepared to pay extra, if it ensures that I make it to Spain with the rest of my cohorts.

My objective is to find the quickest, not cheapest route to make it to Spain and Back to the UK

vinny

Re: Will I be able to travel?

Post by vinny » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:46 pm

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:53 pm

VOR wrote:Originally, I wanted to apply for LR but was told I was not eligible.. is this the case?

If you have not had leave to remain (bunch of visas) during your lifelong stay in UK then you can't really apply for LR.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

VOR
Newly Registered

Post by VOR » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:01 pm

noajthan wrote: If you have not had leave to remain (bunch of visas) during your lifelong stay in UK then you can't really apply for LR.
So am I right in saying that my only option (that will yield the fastest results) is to apply for citizenship/passport using Form T along with the JCAP?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:19 am

Probably best option.

Moreover, you would have to rely on discretion, if applying for ILR and therefore its outcome is uncertain. But registration is by entitlement under Section 1(4), provided they are satisfied that you had never left the UK since birth until aged 10 and are of good character.

VOR
Newly Registered

Post by VOR » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:14 am

Thank you Vinny

VOR
Newly Registered

Post by VOR » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:20 pm

Like I anticipated, something has gone wrong again

I have just received my medical records and the earliest year they have a history of me is at age 5 i.e. they have no medical history of me from age 0-4yrs. So there are no notes about me getting injections or circumcision etc.. The records have seemingly disappeared.

I transferred to this medical practice in my teens..

I have booked an appointment with my old practice. Hopefully, the Doctor's there will be able to write some sort of letter to say that when I was born, I was registered at his GP, then later in my teens I transferred elsewhere.

VOR
Newly Registered

Will Form T be rejected?

Post by VOR » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:26 pm

I am an adult over 20yrs old

I applied for british citizenhip/passport using Form T

I sent off all my evidence ie school records, letters, medical history, baptism certificate that authenticate the fact that I lived in the UK for the first 10 yrs of my life and never left

I managed to cover 9 out of 10 years. This year that was missing is 1990. This is going back 25+ years ago, so it has been hard to obtain this evidence.

On this basis, will my application get rejected or is it likely that they will use discretion?

I have never had a British passport and I included documentation which shows that I have never had a passport from my country of nationality

noajthan

Re: Will Form T be rejected?

Post by noajthan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:29 pm

VOR wrote:I have never had a British passport and I included documentation which shows that I have never had a passport from my country of nationality
This helps corroborate travel was within limits. Sounds like you've given it your best shot.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

VOR
Newly Registered

Post by VOR » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:33 am

noajthan wrote:
VOR wrote:I have never had a British passport and I included documentation which shows that I have never had a passport from my country of nationality
This helps corroborate travel was within limits. Sounds like you've given it your best shot.
Update

The HO have written to me stating that they require 'other evidence of residence in the UK from 0-4yrs e.g letters/reports to show attendance at doctor, dentist child care provider or other health care professional

Medical cards, records of childhood immunisation providing dates of said immunisations

I cannot provide these medical records as my GP has lost them. Originally my GP said that they had my records from age 5yrs. Then a week later they found info from when I was 2 & 3 yrs. In summary they have lost my records and they have no data regarding my immunisation dates.

I do not understand why the HO are asking for all this additional info anyway

I covered ages 0-4 with my Birth certificate, baptism letter/certificate, medical record (card), letter from a doctor and school letter stating that I was registered and in attendance at school. I only missed one year as my GP has lost my records

I have never left the country and I have never been included in anyones passport. I wrote a cover letter stating this.

What should I do in this situation? How do I respond to the HO?

I plan to write to my GP to get a letter stating that they've misplaced my records

Any advice is appreciated

Kashif_Hussain
Mood:

Post by Kashif_Hussain » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:42 pm

Hi,

Proof that the child has been in the UK for the first 10 years of life:

It is a good idea to enclose the Red Book because this will give a record of your child’s first few years through weighing and measuring and immunisations.

Any doctor’s or hospital letters are helpful. Don’t ask your GP for a letter confirming your child was registered at the practice unless you are really stuck, as GPs charge between £15-25 for this.

School reports, certificates and attendance records are very helpful and they need to be right from Reception onwards. Schools may be willing to provide a letter saying from when to when your child was registered and attending.

In some cases there may also be things like social work reports. As long as they are official and original documents they are likely to be helpful.All letters need to be originals, signed and dated.

You don’t need all of the above, as long as there is something to cover every year of life – this can be the red book if the immunisation record is complete, plus a letter from school showing the child was registered from reception until the age of 10 or beyond. More evidence is better.

Thanks

VOR
Newly Registered

Post by VOR » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:26 am

@Kashif_Hussain thank you for your help

I am an adult over 20yrs old. Unfortunately, I do not have a 'red book'

I have enclosed all the evidence I have, however the HO are still requesting more.

At the time of my birth they were still using paper records and my GP has lost my early records

I have a few days to respond to the HO. Does anyone have any advice?

@vinny @casa @noajthan @CR001

Kashif_Hussain
Mood:

Post by Kashif_Hussain » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi,

Can't your GP give you screen prints (stamped) list of appointments, if details are not available?
What HO requesting? Any specifics?

Regards

Kash

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:29 pm

Is your current GP the same GP who treated you as a child? Can s/he confirm in writing that they lost your documents? They would also be implicitly confirming that they had records to lose.