ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Test for Spouse visa: B1 instead of A1

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

prolife

English Test for Spouse visa: B1 instead of A1

Post by prolife » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:14 am

For spouse visa application from outside-EU, can my wife take English test 'Life Skills B1', instead of A1? As B1 is higher than A1, does it mean she won't need to take A2 and B1 exam at later stages of FLR and ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: English Test for Spouse visa: B1 instead of A1

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:33 am

Yes, she can do B1.

No one knows what the level required will be in future for ILR, it may well change.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

prolife

Post by prolife » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:14 am

If B1 Life Skills test was used for spouse visa to UK, it gets expired after 2 years. Can that expired B1 test still be used for spouse visa extension from within the UK? Gov.uk website says expired B1 can be used for ILR, but doesn't say anything about visa extensions.

dragos
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by dragos » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:26 pm

Hi guys I have B1 certificate, I will apply to spouse visa extension can I use this B1certificate instead to A2?
Thank you

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:50 pm

dragos wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:26 pm
Hi guys I have B1 certificate, I will apply to spouse visa extension can I use this B1certificate instead to A2?
Thank you
This inactive thread is almost 12 months old. Please continue in your own thread where you are already being given advice.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.