ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent extension queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

JoeLawerence2
India

Tier 2 Dependent extension queries

Post by JoeLawerence2 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:29 pm

Hi guys, I am on ILR obtained through the Tier 2 General migrant route. I am going to be applying for extension of my wife’s Tier 2 Dependent visa so that she completes 5 years on it. I have a few questions:

1) As we are applying in country, do I still need to show maintenance fund for her (£630)?
2) Her visa is valid till May 28th this year. Can I apply for the extension only 28 days before the visa end date or can I do it now itself?
3) Do we need to show two address proofs for her as given in the Dependent visa Guidance document? As we don’t have any given in that list.

Many Thanks :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent extension queries

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:39 pm

1) As we are applying in country, do I still need to show maintenance fund for her (£630)?
Yes
2) Her visa is valid till May 28th this year. Can I apply for the extension only 28 days before the visa end date or can I do it now itself?
You can apply at any point, depends how much time she needs to complete 5 years residence. An extension now will be for 3 years.
3) Do we need to show two address proofs for her as given in the Dependent visa Guidance document? As we don’t have any given in that list.
Which page are you referring to?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

JoeLawerence2
India

Post by JoeLawerence2 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:56 pm

Thanks a lot CR001. I really appreciate that you are able to answer everyone's query so quickly. Hats off to your commitment to this forum :)

Regarding the 3rd point, I seem to have mis-read the guidance given for children. So please ignore it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:59 pm

JoeLawerence2 wrote:Regarding the 3rd point, I seem to have mis-read the guidance given for children. So please ignore it.
Yes, I thought that when I saw point 100 on page 20.

You're welcome, post any further question you have on this application in this topic :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.