ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsoring spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LencelNoble
Newly Registered

Sponsoring spouse Visa

Post by LencelNoble » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:34 pm

Hello,
I wonder if anyone could advice me on what to do regarding for sponsoring my husband to come and live with me here in UK, I am a Filipina with a british citizen, ive known my husband since 2005, we were in a relAtionship long distNce for two years and got married recently in Philippines. I am planning to bring him here but dont know where to start as i am a single mother and receiving benefits of housing, child tax and working tax for the last 4years.
With the requirements needed to sponsor a spouse is £18600 yearly which obviously in my situAtion i wont be able to provide that.
Can someone please enlighten me with some Advice.
I really Appreciate your help. Thankyou

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Sponsoring spouse Visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:43 pm

If you do not meet the £18,600pa financial requirement, unfortunately you will be unable to sponsor him to come to the UK.

The benefits you claim are not the ones that would exempt you from this requirement.

He will have to find a visa that he qualifies for in his own right. Spouse visa will not be possible in your circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LencelNoble
Newly Registered

Post by LencelNoble » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:46 pm

Thank you, What about if Fiancè visa? As our marriage is registered in the Philippines.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:58 pm

Makes no difference as the same financial requirement is needed and he is clearly NOT a fiance if you are already married :idea:

It doesn't matter where you are married in the world to apply for a spouse visa. There is no requirement that you must be married in the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LencelNoble
Newly Registered

Post by LencelNoble » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:11 pm

i understand, so in you opinion what would be the correct visa to apply for him and what is the best thing for me to do? Like, stop all the benefits and get full time job?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:25 pm

You are entitled to claim benefits but you would need to get a job and show you meet £18,600pa. To apply for a spouse visa, you need 6 months payslips and 6 months bank statements.

Your husband also needs to do English A1 test and you have to prove you have adequate accommodation.

If you live in council housing, you will need a letter from the council (or landlord) that your husband will be permitted to stay there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

LencelNoble
Newly Registered

Post by LencelNoble » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:42 pm

Hi,
Will tourist visa be a good option then in my case?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:50 pm

LencelNoble wrote:Hi,
Will tourist visa be a good option then in my case?
He can apply for one, but whether he will get one is highly unlikely as what will he provide as evidence and proof that he will leave the UK when his wife and child (assuming his child) is living in the UK?

He cannot switch to any other visa while here as a visitor. He cannot use the NHS for free and he cannot work either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

LencelNoble
Newly Registered

Post by LencelNoble » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:31 pm

He will be employed if ever he will applied for a visa but will it be a question if how long he is been working on the workplace? Does he alao meed to provide pay slips and bnk statement for 6months or no?

If let say he got here as tourist visa, i ccannot apply him as my spouse still? Obviously with the requirements still in place.

LencelNoble
Newly Registered

Post by LencelNoble » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Considering he is employed right now willit be a question if how long he is been working on the workplace? Does he alao meed to provide pay slips and bnk statement for 6months or no?

If let say he got here as tourist visa. And Obviously with the requirements still in place for spouse visa but saying i am able to provide those requirements whilst he is here on tourist visa, cam i apply him then to a spouse visa?

KatieWills
Wales

Post by KatieWills » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:49 pm

Your husbands employment has no relevance to a spouse visa application. If he was able to get a visitor visa he would not be able to work in the UK, he would not be able to switch to a spouse visa from a visitor visa.
Be humble for you are made of earth, be noble for you are made of stars.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:08 am

To get a visitor visa, your husband will have to provide evidence and documentation to the UKVI showing his strong ties to his home country (i.e. property, job, family, funds etc). With you in the UK, there will be doubt about his intentions to leave after his visit.

If he is employed and applies for a visitor visa stating he is visiting for a few months, this will cast further doubt.

He cannot come on a visitor visa and change in the UK to a spouse visa. As KatieWills advised, your husbands employment in home country is irrelevant to a spouse visa application, which he has to make from his home country.

Do you or husband have any savings?
Char (CR001 not Casa)