ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do you know any immigration lawyer for Canada

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hash_1310
Newly Registered

PR Residency Requirement: Advice Needed....

Post by hash_1310 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi All,

I am writing this thread to seek some immigration advice. Me and my wife got Canadian PR in 2012 and our PR card is expiring in July 2017. We went to Canada for a short visit (about 10 days) in May 2012 and came back to UK. I am currently in UK since 2002 and we both have British Citizenship.
We were not able to fulfill residency requirement of PR in last few years due to the following reasons;
1. My brother passed away in 2011 in India and I had all my family responsibilities/commitments to fulfill before I can immigrate to Canada.
2. I do not had my passport from June 2012 - Dec 2012 as my passport was with UK Home Office for visa renewal.
3. My UK Citizenship was due in 2013 and therefore I stay in UK for a specified time to avail that by end of 2013.
4. I have to find a suitable match for my younger sister as per Hindu religion/law and therefore I have to move back India for one and half year (from March 2014-Sept 2015) to look for a suitable alliance and she got married in Feb 2015.
5. During my sister's marriage we suffered financial losses due to riots and other expenses therefore I was not financially stable to support ourselves if we would had immigrated to Canada after my sister's marriage in Feb 2015.

I am a Software Test Engineer by profession and since last few years I have been looking for jobs in Canada from UK but no luck therefore I have now decided to immigrate and look for the jobs whilst in Canada (Alberta: Calgary). I wanted to immigrate to Canada long ago but due to personal and financial commitments I was not able take risks but now all the things in life have sorted and I want to start a new life in Calgary, AB, Canada from Feb 2017.

Could you please let me know the following;
1. What could be my best options if I am interrogated by CBSA immigration officer as I have not fulfilled residency requirement and wants to immigrate under current circumstances.
2. If they do not consider my case/circumstances and decide to cancel my residency/PR, will I be allowed to hire a lawyer who can represent me and appeal against any negative decision.
3. My circumstances are genuine therefore what could be my best options to immigrate to Canada seamlessly with current PR.

Many thanks in advance for you reply.

Hash_1310

hash_1310
Newly Registered

Do you know any immigration lawyer for Canada

Post by hash_1310 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:27 am

Hi All,

Do you know any good immigration lawyer(s) who can deal with non compliant of residency regulation case(s). I am currently in UK and have a valid Canadian PR but failed to fulfill residency regulation and now looking forward to move to Canada. I need some expert advice regarding my case therefore need to consult some best player in the industry who can handle my case smoothly and in a fixed price.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/canada ... 23150.html

Thanks
hash_1310

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do you know any immigration lawyer for Canada

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:31 am

Recommendations, names or company names of solicitors or immigration advisers are not permitted to be posted on the forum. Any such detail will be deleted and the user who posted issued with a warning.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.