ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting Documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

newbie0
inactive

Spouse Visa Advice

Post by newbie0 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:16 pm

Hello

I just recently got married and my spouse is currently in Pakistan. Before I go to a solicitor, I was hoping to get the majority of my paperwork in order. (Save me faffing about later). At the moment I am receiving conflicting advice as to what is required or not!

Is there a simple up-to-date checklist somewhere that I could utilise?

Also my original Nikah Nama is in Urdu, which has been registered with the local Union Council. I have the UC certificate which is in both Urdu and English. I have been informed that this is sufficient, but I have also been informed that I need to get the original Urdu Nikah Nama translated into English. (This is in addition to the UC certificate).

Any advice is much appreciated and good luck to all those who are in the process of applying or who are awaiting a decision.

Thanks in Advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa Advice

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:24 pm

You don't need a solicitor to do the application unless you like giving money away for form filling. A solicitor will have no bearing on the outcome of the application.

See update-of-spouse-visa-application-from-pakistan (click) and settlement-visa-from-pakistan-useful-information (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:59 pm

You don't need solicitor as CROO1 said. CROO1 and CASA are best over spouse visa queries.
Mostly in Pakistan people translate Urdu nikkah nama from NADRA who offer such facility.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:04 pm

seagul wrote:You don't need solicitor as CROO1 said. CROO1 and CASA are best over spouse visa queries.
Thank you for the acknowledgment seagul.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

malikdua
Newly Registered

Post by malikdua » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:27 pm

have you attest your nikkah nama from MOFA(ministry of foreign affairs islamabad)
and then notary pubic and police verification ?
i

newbie0
inactive

Marriage Certificate

Post by newbie0 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:52 pm

I am a British Citizen and I also hold a NADRA card. My spouse is a Pakistani national.
We have just recieved our certificate from the Union Council and both of our nationalities are classed as Pakistani.
I have enquired about this and I have been informed that as I hold a Nadra card I am classed as a Pakistani National.
Is this normal? It's not going to cause us problems when we apply.

Thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Marriage Certificate

Post by seagul » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:34 pm

Pakistan allow dual nationality so in Pakistan if you have pakistani origin id card or pakistani passport then you will based on common sense be classed as pakistani citizen.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

newbie0
inactive

Title Deeds

Post by newbie0 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:18 pm

Hello

Just some quick advice. For a spouse visa you are required to submit your property title deeds. Do these have to be certified by a solicitor or are the original title deeds you can request via the Land Registry website (filling out a form, not downloading them) acceptable.

Thanks

cosak

Re: Title Deeds

Post by cosak » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:27 pm

photocopy of the original which should be certified by a solicitor.. that should be fine.. i have done the same thing.. the ones you download online, they are not official copies as it's stated on the top of their page.. the ones you received when you bought your house, are the original copy...

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Supporting Documents

Post by samkahn » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:47 pm

I am ready to apply for my spousal visa. Below is a list of what documents I have, please could someone advise me if there is anything more. (I know this questions has probably been asked a trillion times, but I get a different answer each time, which is starting to confuse me even more). As the cost of the application is £1200.00, I cant really afford to make any mistakes!

Original Urdu Nikah Nama
Urdu to English Certified Nikah Nama Translation
Union Council Marriage Registration Certificate
A1 English Test Certificate
TB Test Certificate

3 Photos of the couple
Council Tax Bill
Utility Bill
Itemised Mobile phone bills
Money Transfer receipts
Official copies of register of titles
Housing Inspection Report

6 Months bank statements (Printed in branch with letter from bank)
6 months wage slips
Employers Letter
Appendix 2 (VAF 4A)

Do I need a Sponsors Confirmation Letter? (If so are there any templates I could use) :D
Do I get all the pages of my British Passport Photocopied and attested, or just the pages that have the arrival/departure stamps?
Also do I get my NADRA card copied and attested as well?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Supporting Documents

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:53 pm

Have you registered under a new username to ask this question? Both you and the user below are posting from the same IP address. Multiple user IDs are not permitted.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/member/newbie0/posts/
Char (CR001 not Casa)

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by samkahn » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:03 pm

I forgot my password (on the old account) and I could not reset it. Every time I tried to ask for a reset, it came back with a message I am unauthorised. (Even though I used my correct username and email). There is no way of logging in and informing the site admins...if you are locked out...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:14 pm

I have merged all your topics and deactivated the newbie0 username.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by samkahn » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:55 pm

Anybody???

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:58 pm

Anybody for what?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

samkahn
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by samkahn » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:07 pm

The last question I asked about supporting documents...